The Student Room Group

He's asked me if I'm ok

The guy I was seeing kinda ended it with me the other day due to doubts. He didn't want to, but said he needed some 'alone time'.

He's just messaged me today checking if I'm ok.

Do I reply or leave it? I do want to reply. But wouldn't even know what to say?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
The guy I was seeing kinda ended it with me the other day due to doubts. He didn't want to, but said he needed some 'alone time'.

He's just messaged me today checking if I'm ok.

Do I reply or leave it? I do want to reply. But wouldn't even know what to say?

Maybe he realized he shouldn't have doubted you and was wrong. Or maybe other issues. You can't exactly make assumptions as long as you don't know what was going through his mind.

You can reply if you prefer. Ask him why he did such a thing.
Reply 2
Original post by Meheraj
Maybe he realized he shouldn't have doubted you and was wrong. Or maybe other issues. You can't exactly make assumptions as long as you don't know what was going through his mind.

You can reply if you prefer. Ask him why he did such a thing.

He's never been in a relationship and I think he got scared how serious it was getting. He said he just needed some time alone and it wasn't fair on me if he was having doubts. Even though he said he's never felt this way about someone. All very confusing.

Do I reply now or leave it a little bit. Don't want to play games but feel like he should feel a bit bad about it.
He's never been in a relationship and I think he got scared how serious it was getting. He said he just needed some time alone and it wasn't fair on me if he was having doubts. Even though he said he's never felt this way about someone. All very confusing.

Do I reply now or leave it a little bit. Don't want to play games but feel like he should feel a bit bad about it.

It sounds like he already feels bad about it. How you respond depends on how much you value the connection. Do you actually want to pursue it because you like him and want a relationship with him or do you want to cut your losses and find someone who is more assured and knows what they want?

Hope this helps you decide.
Reply 4

Wow! What a coincidence! I had almost a similar experience with a girl just a few weeks ago.

Anyway, you should understand his situation too. I agree that it wasn't fair for him to have doubts about you. I reckon you understand what he meant by saying he's never felt like this for someone else. It seems to me that he really likes you or has fallen for you. Please, don't dishearten him. If you do, it'll eat him alive. I got to know it from my experience. Even though you're unsure/confused about it, give him a chance to clarify things.

Reply to him and see if he has valid points to prove his innocence. Definitely, he needs to regret if he's done something wrong to you. Otherwise, you know what to do.

Hope this helps! :smile: Good luck! :crossedf:
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by SagaciousSag
It sounds like he already feels bad about it. How you respond depends on how much you value the connection. Do you actually want to pursue it because you like him and want a relationship with him or do you want to cut your losses and find someone who is more assured and knows what they want?

Hope this helps you decide.

I definitely want a relationship with him. Never got on so well with someone & their friends & family.
Reply 6
Original post by Meheraj
Wow! What a coincidence! I had almost a similar experience with a girl just a few weeks ago.

Anyway, you should understand his situation too. I agree that it wasn't fair for him to have doubts about you. I reckon you understand what he meant by saying he's never felt like this for someone else. It seems to me that he really likes you or has fallen for you. Please, don't dishearten him. If you do, it'll eat him alive. I got to know it from my experience. Even though you're unsure/confused about it, give him a chance to clarify things.

Reply to him and see if he has valid points to prove his innocence. Definitely, he needs to regret if he's done something wrong to you. Otherwise, you know what to do.

Hope this helps! :smile: Good luck! :crossedf:

It's awful isn't it! How did you deal with it? What was your outcome?

I definitely understand his situation. He does really like me, he's made that very aware. But he's just got in his own head.

I don't want to dishearten him but this has upset me, understandably so. I told him I wouldn't wait around but I do want to be with him.

How do I respond?
Reply 7
Maybe he does care for your feelings despite the circumstances. I would be minded to not reply immediately and to tell him you’re ok. However you could also tell him what you’re really feeling
Reply 8
It's awful isn't it! How did you deal with it? What was your outcome?

I definitely understand his situation. He does really like me, he's made that very aware. But he's just got in his own head.

I don't want to dishearten him but this has upset me, understandably so. I told him I wouldn't wait around but I do want to be with him.

How do I respond?

Yeah, it's. The girl proposed to me first and everything was going fine when it was my turn she said she started liking another guy. So, we ended things mutually and I told her to move on coz her happiness mattered to me most over everything. So, the outcome was against me as expected.

You're maybe his first love. So, you know everyone tries to be cautious with their first things. I think you can play a role here by asking him clearly coz he might be afraid of losing you.

If you think he's a good guy or the right guy for you, please don't dishearten him. I got your points. Since you don't want to roam around, can you approach if he's not doing so?

Or just tell him to express his feelings properly so that you can make a decision. Otherwise, you'll move on. Hopefully, he'll give you an answer.
Reply 9
Original post by Zarek
Maybe he does care for your feelings despite the circumstances. I would be minded to not reply immediately and to tell him you’re ok. However you could also tell him what you’re really feeling

I think he does genuinely care. He's just got himself stressed out.

It's been a few hours since he messaged. I was just gonna say 'I'm ok' and then ask how he was. See how he responds, and depending on his response then tell him how I actually feel?
Reply 10
Original post by Meheraj
Yeah, it's. The girl proposed to me first and everything was going fine when it was my turn she said she started liking another guy. So, we ended things mutually and I told her to move on coz her happiness mattered to me most over everything. So, the outcome was against me as expected.

You're maybe his first love. So, you know everyone tries to be cautious with their first things. I think you can play a role here by asking him clearly coz he might be afraid of losing you.

If you think he's a good guy or the right guy for you, please don't dishearten him. I got your points. Since you don't want to roam around, can you approach if he's not doing so?

Or just tell him to express his feelings properly so that you can make a decision. Otherwise, you'll move on. Hopefully, he'll give you an answer.

Asking him what? But if he was afraid to lose me then he wouldn't have said he needed some alone time or express his doubts?

I'm trying not to. But he's disheartened me also.
Reply 11
Asking him what? But if he was afraid to lose me then he wouldn't have said he needed some alone time or express his doubts.

I'm trying not to. But he's disheartened me also.

Did you ask him what he meant by the quote 'he never felt like this for anyone else'? Maybe he was encountering some personal/family or any other issues and that was the reason for taking a break.

Yeah, I can see. So, punish him whenever things become alright between you guys. Also, if none of you take a step, there will be no solution and things will not go beyond the way they're.

From my perspective, every individual deserves a second chance and you can give him the opportunity if you like. It won't cost you anything heavy.

In a relationship, a person should try to comprehend the other one's situation. Otherwise, it doesn't last long.
Reply 12
Original post by Meheraj
Did you ask him what he meant by the quote 'he never felt like this for anyone else'? Maybe he was encountering some personal/family or any other issues and that was the reason for taking a break.

Yeah, I can see. So, punish him whenever things become alright between you guys. Also, if none of you take a step, there will be no solution and things will not go beyond the way they're.

From my perspective, every individual deserves a second chance and you can give him the opportunity if you like. It won't cost you anything heavy.

In a relationship, a person should try to comprehend the other one's situation. Otherwise, it doesn't last long.

He meant he's never clicked so well with someone. He also said he was worried that he was catching feelings quicker than I was, which wasn't true at all.

I definitely want to give him a second chance. I just don't want him to turn around again in a few months when it's even deeper to say he's still having doubts, which is a comment he also made to me.
Reply 13
He meant he's never clicked so well with someone. He also said he was worried that he was catching feelings quicker than I was, which wasn't true at all.

I definitely want to give him a second chance. I just don't want him to turn around again in a few months when it's even deeper to say he's still having doubts, which is a comment he also made to me.

That means he's got a person who understands him so well. Yeah, I do eye-to-eye with it. Some people find it suspicious when a person connects quite quickly than usual. But I don't really see it from that point of view because sometimes it happens out of our subconscious mind and even we fail to realize how things get attached within a short period.

Yes, please. Do it. Also, you should clear everything to him so that he doesn't make the blunders again. Tell him if you take stern steps because of him, then he'll be responsible for it.
Reply 14
Update. We've messaged a bit today, he's said he's sad but still doesn't know where his head is at. I've suggested we meet up in a couple of weeks to see how we're both feeling and give him some more space. He was trying to keep the convo going, but I told him we shouldn't keep talking as it wasn't fair on either of us (which he agreed), but to let me know if he does want to meet up. His response was that he really cares about me and if I need anything I can still talk to him which is nice of him but doesn't exactly help the situation.
Reply 15
Update. We've messaged a bit today, he's said he's sad but still doesn't know where his head is at. I've suggested we meet up in a couple of weeks to see how we're both feeling and give him some more space. He was trying to keep the convo going, but I told him we shouldn't keep talking as it wasn't fair on either of us (which he agreed), but to let me know if he does want to meet up. His response was that he really cares about me and if I need anything I can still talk to him which is nice of him but doesn't exactly help the situation.

Aww.... That's lovely to hear. Maybe he's encountering some other issues in life and you can ask him if you prefer which will certainly make him feel good that you're there for him. Yeah, meeting in person is a preferable way to comprehend feelings rather than online ones. That's also a good way not to get too attached through texting. Do have a meet up if both of you prefer.

Also, I can sense you guys would make a great couple if you guys get along well. :biggrin: So, all the best! :crossedf: All you guys need is to put in some effort from each side.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 16

You should keep the convo going. As I said on your other thread, if you can't sort stuff out together, how will a relationship work out in future?

And what exactly is he having doubts about?
Reply 17
Original post by Surnia
You should keep the convo going. As I said on your other thread, if you can't sort stuff out together, how will a relationship work out in future?

And what exactly is he having doubts about?

I'd love to keep the conversation going but it'll just give me false hope, so don't think it's the wisest decision.

He's having doubts about the relationship I believe. He said it wasn't me, it's more so on his end. I'm not entirely sure but I don't want to pry too much. He said I handled it very well & maturely. Just think I need to honour his wish to have some 'alone time', and hopefully it will make him realise that he does want to be with me. But I don't want to force him into that decision, he needs to decide that for himself.
Reply 18
I'd love to keep the conversation going but it'll just give me false hope, so don't think it's the wisest decision.

He's having doubts about the relationship I believe. He said it wasn't me, it's more so on his end. I'm not entirely sure but I don't want to pry too much. He said I handled it very well & maturely. Just think I need to honour his wish to have some 'alone time', and hopefully it will make him realise that he does want to be with me. But I don't want to force him into that decision, he needs to decide that for himself.

It's sad to see people don't value when they get something. When they don't have it, they realise it and only regret it because it becomes too late by the time they become aware.
Reply 19
Original post by Meheraj
It's sad to see people don't value when they get something. When they don't have it, they realise it and only regret it because it becomes too late by the time they become aware.

The thing is he was only just saying the other day how much he appreciated me so I don't know why he's got in his own head so much. But unfortunately there's not much I can do about it, it's something he has to figure out himself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending