The Student Room Group

Changing A level physics to geography

Hi, recently I got given the bridging material from my sixth form ready to start in September. (from gcse to a level)

However, I am already finding the physics work hard (there was a quiz that I did very badly in and there was an online course that I found soooooo boring) and I think it might be a good idea to change to Geography which looks a lot more interesting from the bridging work and course overview.. I did geography at GCSE and always found it very interesting and should be (if the teachers are nice) getting a 9 in August so I definitely meet the requirements for the course.

The only reason I chose physics in the first place was because I thought it would be a good idea to have a science (a decision that I now think is bad)

Do you think I should change it so early or do the physics work and wait until September to change?

(My other subjects are maths, economics and business)
(edited 3 years ago)
If you're taking 3 subjects anyway, I'd probably suggest just dropping physics entirely. You may not be able to take up geography to full A-level in one year alongside 3 other subjects; I'd recommend trying to contact your school to find out as soon as you can.
I think you should change it early because timetabling issues suck when you come back
Definitely change early; you'll save yourself a lot of hassle. Plus, you'll avoid having to do bridging work for a subject you know you won't take.
Reply 4
Thank you everyone :smile: I’ll do some more research into the Geography course (although I think I’m pretty sure I’ll change it) and send them an email on Monday, no point doing it when it’s the weekend.

Quick Reply

Latest