The Student Room Group

Chance of a second COVID wave?

Do you know how likely it is for a second wave?

Scroll to see replies

How do you know there will be a second wave? Is it inevitable?
Reply 2
Most likely will be another one. Itll all calm down, and when people start going out again it will happen all over.
We really dont know what is going to happen with this, so nobody can really say.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Most likely will be another one. Itll all calm down, and when people start going out again it will happen all over.
We really dont know what is going to happen with this, so nobody can really say.

Why aren't the government warning us?
Reply 4
Original post by curiousperson123
Why aren't the government warning us?

The government is a mess right now.
I live in the US and look at our leader. Hes telling people to go inject themselves with lysol. Smh. Really shows how much disorganization and misinformation is going around right now.
I live in the US and look at our leader. Hes telling people to go inject themselves with lysol. Smh. Really shows how much disorganization and misinformation is going around right now.

Word that was a mess
Word that was a mess

Is there a rough estimate to when the second peak will happen?

If you actually watched the press conference you’d know Trump never said that.
Reply 8
Original post by Jamie_1712
If you actually watched the press conference you’d know Trump never said that.

Search up on Youtube, "President Trump claims injecting people with disinfectant could treat coronavirus" :lol:
Search up on Youtube, "President Trump claims injecting people with disinfectant could treat coronavirus" :lol:

He never told people to inject themselves with Lysol. He suggested that maybe medical professionals could look into using UV light as a potential treatment (because UV rays kill the virus) and whether disinfectants could be used inside the body. The medical adviser said no to both of those which is fine because it was only a suggestion, however there are still investigations going on with regards to UV light. Trump isn’t a medical professional, but it doesn’t mean he isn’t allowed to think of ideas, even if they may seem ridiculous at first glance, he’s basing it off real science.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 10
He never told people to inject themselves with Lysol. He suggested that maybe medical professionals could look into using UV light as a potential treatment (because UV rays kill the virus) and whether disinfectants could be used inside the body. The medical adviser said no to both of those which is fine because it was only a suggestion, however there are still investigations going on with regards to UV light. Trump isn’t a medical professional, but it doesn’t mean he isn’t allowed to think of ideas, even if they may seem ridiculous at first glance, he’s basing it off real science.

Cleaning products. He suggested to look into injecting cleaning products into the skin. My bad. Huge difference.
See the problem with this was that he said this in the middle of a press conference. 30 people in the state next to mine actually did it and had to call into poison control. The president should know that he needs to watch what he says in front of the general public. Its ridiculous.
Cleaning products. He suggested to look into injecting cleaning products into the skin. My bad. Huge difference.
See the problem with this was that he said this in the middle of a press conference. 30 people in the state next to mine actually did it and had to call into poison control. The president should know that he needs to watch what he says in front of the general public. Its ridiculous.

I think you should actually watch the video again. I just rewatched it to make sure I wasn’t missing anything. It’s very important to see the context here too, it was after a doctor or medical adviser (I don’t know his name) said they’ve been testing how UV light affects the virus and how disinfectant affects the virus.

Trump then says “so supposing we hit the body, with a tremendous amount of whether it’s UV or very powerful light. That hasn’t been checked but we’re going to test it. And then I said suppose we brought the light inside the body, which you can do; through the skin or some other way. And I think you said you’re going to test that too [speaking to medical doctor person] which I think is interesting. And then I see the disinfectant, which knocks it out in a minute, one minute and is there a way we could do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning?”

He’s clearly sharing his initial thoughts after what he’s just been presented, and is clearly asking the medical people these questions, by his stance and who he is looking at. Not once did he suggest that anyone do this, but merely if the doctors would be able to look into it, there’s a big difference which is feel you’re failing to see. If people are stupid enough to drink disinfectant after trump asks doctors if they could look into whether it’s possible or not to use disinfectants inside the body, then I think they are the problem here, not the president.
(edited 3 years ago)
Do you know how likely it is for a second wave?

The second wave is highly likely. The duration we cannot tell as of yet.

However what I can tell you is the hospitals is being better prepared for the second wave(more PPE available, daily) free showers for staff and staff being recruited in many trusts.

They have seriously learnt lessons from the 1st pandemic and now adhering and preparing themselves for second or even a third wave.
Reply 13
I think you should actually watch the video again. I just rewatched it to make sure I wasn’t missing anything. It’s very important to see the context here too, it was after a doctor or medical adviser (I don’t know his name) said they’ve been testing how UV light affects the virus and how disinfectant affects the virus.

Trump then says “so supposing we hit the body, with a tremendous amount of whether it’s UV or very powerful light. That hasn’t been checked but we’re going to test it. And then I said suppose we brought the light inside the body, which you can do; through the skin or some other way. And I think you said you’re going to test that too [speaking to medical doctor person] which I think is interesting. And then I see the disinfectant, which knocks it out in a minute, one minute and is there a way we could do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning?”

He’s clearly sharing his initial thoughts after what he’s just been presented, and is clearly asking the medical people these questions, by his stance and who he is looking at. Not once did he suggest that anyone do this, but merely if the doctors would be able to look into it, there’s a big difference which is feel you’re failing to see. If people are stupid enough to drink disinfectant after trump asks doctors if they could look into whether it’s possible or not to use disinfectants inside the body, then I think they are the problem here, not the president.

You are right, he did not. But this man needs to understand that people look up to him and will do anything he says, or even suggests. It is plain irresponsible to even mention something like that in a press conference. A suggestion like that needs to wait until after the press conference is over.
Seeing as you are probably a Trump supporter, Im going to stop arguing with you. Your mind will never be changed no matter how many times I try to explain this.
You are right, he did not. But this man needs to understand that people look up to him and will do anything he says, or even suggests. It is plain irresponsible to even mention something like that in a press conference. A suggestion like that needs to wait until after the press conference is over.
Seeing as you are probably a Trump supporter, Im going to stop arguing with you. Your mind will never be changed no matter how many times I try to explain this.

You’re right, some people might do anything he suggests. He did not suggest drinking disinfectant though. There is nothing wrong with sharing your own thoughts in the form of questions to medical professionals which they can then respond to. I’m not actually a trump supporter, I don’t even live in the US however I do believe the media paint him in a bad light, and a lot of people believe that without thinking for themselves. He’s not anywhere near as bad as the media suggest and the way he calls them out on that is hilarious.

You can’t change my mind because Trump didn’t actually tell people to drink or inject themselves disinfectant, which is what you claimed for him to have said. In fact you’ve now said I’m right and that Trump didn’t say that and for that reason I believe we have actually found common ground and the conversation has been productive. You’re saying my mind won’t be changed, well no but yours clearly has because you’ve realised you were wrong.
Reply 15
You’re right, some people might do anything he suggests. He did not suggest drinking disinfectant though. There is nothing wrong with sharing your own thoughts in the form of questions to medical professionals which they can then respond to. I’m not actually a trump supporter, I don’t even live in the US however I do believe the media paint him in a bad light, and a lot of people believe that without thinking for themselves. He’s not anywhere near as bad as the media suggest and the way he calls them out on that is hilarious.

You can’t change my mind because Trump didn’t actually tell people to drink or inject themselves disinfectant, which is what you claimed for him to have said. In fact you’ve now said I’m right and that Trump didn’t say that and for that reason I believe we have actually found common ground and the conversation has been productive. You’re saying my mind won’t be changed, well no but yours clearly has because you’ve realised you were wrong.

Nope, I live in the USA and hes honestly an embarrassment to the country. I am willing for my mind to be changed, but so far your not doing a great job with that.
Also the media is the one calling him out. He rambles on and acts productive though, not sure if that is what you classify an argument? Oh wait, kind of the same way that your arguments with me are sounding...
But ya, I do think he is hilarious. He gives us all good laughs and has us shaking our heads all the time. Note it is from his stupidity however, not from him supposedly "calling out the media". Please send me some of these times he has called out the media. Ill wait :biggrin:
Once again, I did not say he told them. I said he implied that it would be a good idea. My apologies that I put that wrong.
When you said your mind will not be changed, that implies that you are small minded? What if Trump did something that was just awful and it was proven to be true? Then would your mind be changed? ( If so I have plenty of examples ).
Please go do some research on this, not just what you hear on FOX news.
Nope, I live in the USA and hes honestly an embarrassment to the country. I am willing for my mind to be changed, but so far your not doing a great job with that.
Also the media is the one calling him out. He rambles on and acts productive though, not sure if that is what you classify an argument? Oh wait, kind of the same way that your arguments with me are sounding...
But ya, I do think he is hilarious. He gives us all good laughs and has us shaking our heads all the time. Note it is from his stupidity however, not from him supposedly "calling out the media". Please send me some of these times he has called out the media. Ill wait :biggrin:
Once again, I did not say he told them. I said he implied that it would be a good idea. My apologies that I put that wrong.
When you said your mind will not be changed, that implies that you are small minded? What if Trump did something that was just awful and it was proven to be true? Then would your mind be changed? ( If so I have plenty of examples ).
Please go do some research on this, not just what you hear on FOX news.

The media nitpicks every little thing he says and asks frankly insulting, and provocative questions instead of trying to find out important information. I’ll link you some clips of him calling out the media if you wish although him sure you’d be able to find them yourself on YouTube.

I meant my mind will not be changed with regards to the the Trump Lysol and disinfectant claims the media and you are throwing around. He did not say that, nor did he even begin to imply that people should do that, I quoted him word for word and not once did he make any suggestion for anyone to inject disinfectant into themselves, directly or that can be inferred.

I see you have no problem calling him stupid but it really does little in regards to giving your argument substance.

And no I don’t watch Fox News, it’s not available in my country. I prefer to do my own research and watch full press briefings so I can see for myself what was actually said and not what the big news headlines say.
Reply 17
The media nitpicks every little thing he says and asks frankly insulting, and provocative questions instead of trying to find out important information. I’ll link you some clips of him calling out the media if you wish although him sure you’d be able to find them yourself on YouTube.

I meant my mind will not be changed with regards to the the Trump Lysol and disinfectant claims the media and you are throwing around. He did not say that, nor did he even begin to imply that people should do that, I quoted him word for word and not once did he make any suggestion for anyone to inject disinfectant into themselves, directly or that can be inferred.

I see you have no problem calling him stupid but it really does little in regards to giving your argument substance.

And no I don’t watch Fox News, it’s not available in my country. I prefer to do my own research and watch full press briefings so I can see for myself what was actually said and not what the big news headlines say.

Oh I could find some of him calling out the media. Its whether or not it has substance to the so called, "calling out".
For the 4th time, he said something that 30 people in one of the smaller states took for him being serious, and they injected themselves with cleaning products.
Why do you care so much about Trump though? Just asking because... You know... Hes not your president?...
Yes, please do link me these Youtube videos.
Oh I could find some of him calling out the media. Its whether or not it has substance to the so called, "calling out".
For the 4th time, he said something that 30 people in one of the smaller states took for him being serious, and they injected themselves with cleaning products.
Why do you care so much about Trump though? Just asking because... You know... Hes not your president?...
Yes, please do link me these Youtube videos.

Have you ever thought about why these 30 people took Lysol? Maybe they saw the news headlines which read “Trump suggests drinking/injecting disinfectant can cure coronavirus”. Or maybe they thought if they drink disinfectant and go to hospital they’ll be able to have a case against trump and get him removed from office. Or maybe it’d give them a coverup for a murder (like the fish tank cleaner lady who is being investigated for murdering her husband”). How can you be certain that all 30 of them actually watched the full press conference, and saw all the context to the matter, were not influenced by headlines or otherwise. There’s just far too many uncertainties to even begin to suggest this.

I care about politics because I think it matters and I think the truth matters. There is nothing wrong with having an opinion on politics in other countries, just like you’re allowed to have an opinion on Boris Johnson for example. In fact, I think it makes a person more rounded and better educated to do your own research and draw conclusions from unbiased sources, regardless of the country at hand.
Reply 19
Have you ever thought about why these 30 people took Lysol? Maybe they saw the news headlines which read “Trump suggests drinking/injecting disinfectant can cure coronavirus”. Or maybe they thought if they drink disinfectant and go to hospital they’ll be able to have a case against trump and get him removed from office. Or maybe it’d give them a coverup for a murder (like the fish tank cleaner lady who is being investigated for murdering her husband”). How can you be certain that all 30 of them actually watched the full press conference, and saw all the context to the matter, were not influenced by headlines or otherwise. There’s just far too many uncertainties to even begin to suggest this.

I care about politics because I think it matters and I think the truth matters. There is nothing wrong with having an opinion on politics in other countries, just like you’re allowed to have an opinion on Boris Johnson for example. In fact, I think it makes a person more rounded and better educated to do your own research and draw conclusions from unbiased sources, regardless of the country at hand.

Ok but Trump needs to realize that the media is going to make it a big deal if he goes to suggest a "cure" to something. Its just so stupid. Why would he even think to say that?
Its an embarrassment that he thought for even a second that injecting the human skin with cleaning products would be something to look into. That just shows how stupid Trump is and is a great example of all the brainless things that come out of his mouth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending