The Student Room Group

Lockdown causing doubts.

Is anyone else’s relationship starting to crumble due to lockdown? My partners mother is shielding so we still can’t meet. It’s put a strain on everything but other couples seem to be stronger than ever.
Even though you may think lots of other couples seem stronger than ever they will be struggling in some way. Lockdown has put a huge strain on all relationships.

You say your relationship is crumbling but in what way? Do you argue more? Do you feel as if you are drifting apart?
If so these are all normal for a relationship at this current time.

Me and my boyfriend of 10 months do sometimes argue over video call because communicating in this way can be difficult at times.
Sometimes I feel as if we are drifting apart because of the physical distance between us which is why it's important to talk about these feelings with your partner. If you want your relationship to survive the lockdown you really have to work hard together to maintain that level of communication and understanding. Easier said than done I know but if it's meant to be it'll be.
I am very fortunate to have moved in with my boyfriend just before lockdown started. We used to live 80 miles apart and I know for a fact that this would have caused tension on our relationship due to the fact that our 'love languages' are quality time and physical touch so without these, I feel as though I'm missing love. (If you don't know about the 5 love languages: words of affirmation, acts of service, receiving gifts, quality time, and physical touch I would recommend looking into this as it is very interesting!)
Reply 3
I’m the exact same with my boyfriend, his sister is high risk so they are all strictly isolating so I can’t meet him at a distance either. It doesn’t really feel like a relationship at the minute we have both said our relationship has changed but we both want to work on us as we love eachother and we’ve been together for 2 years now so hopefully things work out, this isn’t a normal time at the minute for anyone it’ll be okay when lockdown is over

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending