The Student Room Group

Commuting to Uni as a music student

I’m currently in year 12 and have been looking at unis. I want to do music at royal Holloway as I have been to the campus for a taster day and instantly loved it. I was thinking of commenting each day (either train or car) but I wasn’t sure how feasible it would be to take in my cello for lessons/lectures/rehearsals etc.
Does anyone have any advice?
Original post by katmai
I’m currently in year 12 and have been looking at unis. I want to do music at royal Holloway as I have been to the campus for a taster day and instantly loved it. I was thinking of commenting each day (either train or car) but I wasn’t sure how feasible it would be to take in my cello for lessons/lectures/rehearsals etc.
Does anyone have any advice?

Hi, I'm also in year 12 and have a love for music too :suith::blow:! It may be possible to keep your cello on campus for Royal Holloway (I think they have rehearsal rooms which you could practise in). This would mean that you wouldn't need to bring it back and forth every day. If you live quite a far distance from Royal Holloway, then I'd further recommend keeping it (if you can) in the uni grounds. Plus, as the cello is a large instrument, it would tire anyone out eventually if they had to bring it to and from uni everyday.

I hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Mobitela
Hi, I'm also in year 12 and have a love for music too :suith::blow:! It may be possible to keep your cello on campus for Royal Holloway (I think they have rehearsal rooms which you could practise in). This would mean that you wouldn't need to bring it back and forth every day. If you live quite a far distance from Royal Holloway, then I'd further recommend keeping it (if you can) in the uni grounds. Plus, as the cello is a large instrument, it would tire anyone out eventually if they had to bring it to and from uni everyday.

I hope this helps. :smile:

Thank you! I would probably drive as it is quicker to drive there from where I live than to take the train. It would definitely be easier to leave it on campus if it is secure and as long as I can practice often enough :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending