The Student Room Group

Starting the same university as my sibling

Are there any benefits of going to the same university as your sibling?? I really don’t know if I should firm the uni my sibling will also be starting this year?
This would mean that you go to university with someone you know; it is a good thing.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
This would mean that you go to university with someone you know; it is a good thing.

Yep but surely they’re gonna know everything you get up to and everyone you have a relationship with
It really doesnt matter man you guys are siblings so what if your sibling knows what you are doing? You guys have a close enough relationship I presume?
Reply 4
I would love to be at university whilst my sibling is there. Unfortunately, when I leave uni my sibling would have started, assuming they go to university.
Are there any benefits of going to the same university as your sibling?? I really don’t know if I should firm the uni my sibling will also be starting this year?

Hey!

I don't think it matters too much if you're going to the same university as your sibling, uni is a big place so you don't have to bump into them if you don't want to!
Also it would be nice to be at uni with your sibling as you can meet up with them if you get homesick or you miss them!

I don't see a disadvantage to going to the same uni as your sibling at all :smile:

Hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
Reply 6
It really doesnt matter man you guys are siblings so what if your sibling knows what you are doing? You guys have a close enough relationship I presume?

Well yes, we are both there for each other. However, I’ve I do not overlap with her friends nor do we discuss any “gossip” or “have beens”.
Yep but surely they’re gonna know everything you get up to and everyone you have a relationship with

They won't know unless you go to a very small university. If they are in a different year and/or course, you may never see them.
Maybe don't apply to the same accommodation so you can have a bit of space from each other? It's probably up to you how involved you are in each others lives you are e.g. if you are both really into netball and join the team then yes you will have overlapping friends and may hear about what the other gets up to, but if you have different interests and courses you might not even see the other unless you arrange it. Lots of people can get homesick in their first few months of uni, being able to see your sibling if you are missing home a bit might be really helpful
Reply 9
Original post by PhoenixFortune
They won't know unless you go to a very small university. If they are in a different year and/or course, you may never see them.

Same year - twins
Same year - twins

I know a set of twins who both went to York (one studied a science, the other business), and they barely ever saw each other, so it will be easy to have separate social lives/interests/living situations etc. if you want to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending