The Student Room Group

comparing myself

I feel really low because I keep comparing myself to my elder sister and how people treat her and how people treat me. I shouldn’t care but yesterday I started crying all night because my because all day I felt like my dad was giving my sister more love. Things have changed and my sister is more social with my parents and has a stronger bond than me. I’m just more reserved I feel like if I’m not at home they don’t even miss me. I keep putting myself down and comparing myself I have a headache. My sister will be moving out soon how will I keep mg parents happy like she did. I can’t do it
Reply 1
Original post by Quotings
I feel really low because I keep comparing myself to my elder sister and how people treat her and how people treat me. I shouldn’t care but yesterday I started crying all night because my because all day I felt like my dad was giving my sister more love. Things have changed and my sister is more social with my parents and has a stronger bond than me. I’m just more reserved I feel like if I’m not at home they don’t even miss me. I keep putting myself down and comparing myself I have a headache. My sister will be moving out soon how will I keep mg parents happy like she did. I can’t do it

Your parents love you the same, if not more, just in a different way. I have miserable for a long time when I was young when my dad obviously loved my sister more than me, as in he wouldnt punish her for things that wouldve gotten me into trouble when I was her age or that he would be proud in the smallest of things that she did. I didnt understand and felt that no matter what I did would not make him proud. I later realized that why my dad did so was because how most other people wouldve preferred me over my sister as I was the quiet, obedient kind that was doing well in academics while my sister was the opposite. He only did so to encourage my sister and made sure that she wasnt left out and unloved. Your situation might be different but I am certain that they love you. In the end, youre siblings, youre family, and there's no point in comparing yourself to them.
Im sure they love you. Theres always this thing about parents loving siblings more then the other but its never like that. Most likely they know shes moving out so maybe they want to spend more time with her as she will be gone after and god know how often they will see each other. But as an older sibling i sometimes think the same but its just in my head

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending