The Student Room Group

help me in bio

what is the answer hereScreenshot_20200519_173923-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Reply 1
I would think the best answer is B as it fits the description the closest as compared to the rest of the options.
A.Centrioles are tubular in shape and not membrane bound.
C. The Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum is an interconnected membrane bound interceullar space with a distinct surface populated by ribosomes.
D. The Smooth Endoplasmic Reticulum is also an interconnected membrane bound intercellular space but is distinctly tubular in shape.
B. The Golgi Apparatus consists of several curved membrane bound sacs arranged parallel to each other. The reference to decreasing size could be referring to how the sacs on the trans face tend to seem smaller as vesicles pinch off.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Tbbay
I would think the best answer is B as it fits the description the closest as compared to the rest of the options.
A.Centrioles are tubular in shape and not membrane bound.
C. The Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum is an interconnected membrane bound interceullar space with a distinct surface populated by ribosomes.
D. The Smooth Endoplasmic Reticulum is also an interconnected membrane bound intercellular space but is distinctly tubular in shape.
B. The Golgi Apparatus consists of several curved membrane bound sacs arranged parallel to each other. The reference to decreasing size could be referring to how the sacs on the trans face tend to seem smaller as vesicles pinch off.

thanks so much. this is our mock exam question and I was a bit cinfused here. thanks for ur explanation
Original post by Hedwigeeeee
what is the answer hereScreenshot_20200519_173923-compressed.jpg.jpeg

That sounds like the golgi apparatus
Definitely isn't the centriole and the only difference between c and D is the ribosomes hence it being "rough". If it was one of c or d then this difference would be mentioned in the description but it isn't so that leaves B as the only answer, it has to be b
I agree, just to say though what a weird question haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending