The Student Room Group

Student Ambassador

Help with how to become a student ambassador at uni?
Reply 1
How much do you get paid monthly/annually as a student ambassador, on average
mostly second years and by applying when your department publicises the opportunity
Reply 3
Original post by HoldThisL
mostly second years and by applying when your department publicises the opportunity

what type of things will they ask, and is it hard to become one?, also whats the pay like monthly/annually?
don't know, don't know and £8-12/hour irregularly
Hi !

For Student Ambassadors at Portsmouth we get an hourly rate of around £9 (which is really good) and I believe the starting hourly rate may be a bit lower, also every Uni is different so other Uni's may pay a different amount.

Erin - Official Student Rep :smile:
Hi !

So my flat was one of the show flats at open days so I got the job that way. I'd recommend emailing the marketing department of your Uni (so the team which do the marketing for the Uni - not the marketing course lecturers haha) and send them an email about whether they have applications open.

Erin - Official Student Rep :smile:
Hey

Keep an eye on your university portal/website, they will publish any opportunities on there, its usually an application and interview.

It not a difficult to become one at all. they usually look for skills like communications, presentations and being friendly and approachable, as far you can display these sort of skills you will be good to go.

Pay varies depending on where your university is located. But, most university will pay between £8 - £12 per hour, so your earnings will depend on how much you work. The more you work the more you'll earn.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Arsh Shaikh
BA Financial Economics
Coventry University - Campus
Hi
I’m a student ambassador at Lancaster university and enjoying it ! I saw the job advertised by the department online, but they also may advertise it in person or on the moodle, unis news, emails, social media or universities job sites ! I’m a student ambassador for my course but their are also opportunities to be a general campus ambassador at Lancaster !
Hope this helps
Holly student ambassador at Lancaster university
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi

I applied to become a student ambassador on Unihub, does your university have some sort of similar careers portal? if so it would be worth checking on there. You could also contact the careers team at your uni, who should be able to let you know what availability there is for various different student ambassador roles.

Good luck!

Zaira :smile:
Hi ,

I would say around £8 to £10, this can vary on what the exact role is. Also my working hours are casual so I get paid differently every month depending on how many hours I can do. I usually work more outside term time, so get paid more then.

Hi

When I did my application, I had to write about my skills and why I think I would be a suited to the role. I would recommend looking at the job description and trying to show how you meet each of the requirements. If your university has a careers service they may be able to help you with the application. I personally really struggled with getting a part time job for uni, until I applied for a student ambassador role. It's hard to give an accurate answer of monthly or yearly pay as it will depend on how many shifts are available and how many you do. But I definitely think its a great way to make money alongside your studies.

Feel free to ask me any other questions :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending