The Student Room Group

Can I go from CDE to AAA in 3 months for AS levels??

thinking of applying for medicine but worried that I won't be able to handle everything like ukcat, ps and revision.Has anyone went through this also??
Reply 1
Yes, spaced repetition and active recall. Look it up on youtube. Lots of practice papers too :smile:
Reply 2
Do 2 hours of UCAT revision everyday for a month before ur exam
Reply 3
can i know ur reasoning?
Reply 4
Original post by MyGEMJourney
Yes, spaced repetition and active recall. Look it up on youtube. Lots of practice papers too :smile:

thanks, are u a medicine applicant urself?
Reply 5
Original post by zzz010
Do 2 hours of UCAT revision everyday for a month before ur exam

okay thank you, but do u think it's better to take gap year?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
okay thank you, but do u think it's better to take gap year?

When will you be doing AS levels and UCAT?
If you are not confident that you will do well in AS levels then maybe take a gap year? It depends on how likely you will get at least BBB-AAA grades and how ur school does predictions
(edited 3 years ago)
thinking of applying for medicine but worried that I won't be able to handle everything like ukcat, ps and revision.Has anyone went through this also??

For a C to an A it is possible.

From a D/E to an A is more harder.

Perhaps make a timetable?
Reply 8
Yes, absolutely possible. Work hard and do lots of questions - exam technique is the key to higher grades after you have learned your spec inside out. Make sure you ask your teachers for help if you need it and really go over your syllabus and consolidate your facts and concepts. And repetition!! - don’t just go over something once and think you know it. Good luck!
Original post by zzz010
When will you be doing AS levels and UCAT?
If you are not confident that you will do well in AS levels then maybe take a gap year? It depends on how likely you will get at least BBB-AAA grades and how ur school does predictions

my school is basing predictions from exams in early September, so I know the grades I get in that exam are going to be my predictions and the ucat dates haven't been announced. I'll probably have to start my personal statement soon too.the grades CDE were in my class test.I've looked at a few uni's like Newcastle and I'm eligible for partners so I can get in at grades BBB but I'm worried that it will be risky to do everything then get bad predicted grades.
Well, what do you think? CDE to AAA in three months?I would say it is very challenging! Don't push yourself too hard.
Original post by ACNa
Yes, absolutely possible. Work hard and do lots of questions - exam technique is the key to higher grades after you have learned your spec inside out. Make sure you ask your teachers for help if you need it and really go over your syllabus and consolidate your facts and concepts. And repetition!! - don’t just go over something once and think you know it. Good luck!

thankyou for the advice!
Reply 12
Original post by helpme111
my school is basing predictions from exams in early September, so I know the grades I get in that exam are going to be my predictions and the ucat dates haven't been announced. I'll probably have to start my personal statement soon too.the grades CDE were in my class test.I've looked at a few uni's like Newcastle and I'm eligible for partners so I can get in at grades BBB but I'm worried that it will be risky to do everything then get bad predicted grades.

Since your school doesn't increase your predicted grades from exams then if I was you I would just focus on AS exams and take a gap year!
Better to get good AS grades then bad AS grades and bad UCAT. Also you could do work experience next year which will strengthen your application.
Reply 13
Original post by helpme111
thankyou for the advice!

If you use your time wisely for the next 3 months you should be able to just scrape 3 A'S but no procrastination ofc.
My school predicted me an A* even tho I got a B at AS so... maybe
(edited 3 years ago)
thanks, are u a medicine applicant urself?

Yes, but for graduate entry. Avoid this route if you can work harder now and get in at undergrad 🙃

Quick Reply

Latest