The Student Room Group

Transferring Universities with bad A-levels

Hello! I'm currently studying an Economics degree at a university that ranks in the top 60 (Towards the bottom of the list) My A-levels are not great, I got an E in A-level Physics, C in A-level Computer Science (A* on the coursework, D in exam) and a D in Economics (I was 3 marks away from a C) so CDE.

Assuming i get high grades ~65%+ and I'm averaging a 2:1-1st Is it possible for me to transfer to a university in the top 20 or so? I don't mind redoing the first year as I know I'll make the money and pay-off my student loan easy.

Has anyone else transferred to a better university with bad A-levels, if so, how did they do it?
Original post by ElloApollo
Hello! I'm currently studying an Economics degree at a university that ranks in the top 60 (Towards the bottom of the list) My A-levels are not great, I got an E in A-level Physics, C in A-level Computer Science (A* on the coursework, D in exam) and a D in Economics (I was 3 marks away from a C) so CDE.

Assuming i get high grades ~65%+ and I'm averaging a 2:1-1st Is it possible for me to transfer to a university in the top 20 or so? I don't mind redoing the first year as I know I'll make the money and pay-off my student loan easy.

Has anyone else transferred to a better university with bad A-levels, if so, how did they do it?

Different universities have different rules for transfers, so you need to be more specific than "a university in the top 20 or so". Also, they normally still expect you to meet their A level entry requirements.
Agree with the above post.
I think your better bet it to secure that 2:1-1st and then maybe do a masters at a higher ranking university

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending