The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy clearing

I am looking for a place in physiotherapy through clearing preferably for Liverpool or Birmingham university.

I already have achieved grades AAB in Biology, Chemistry and Maths and have done reasonable amounts of work experience.

I know healthcare courses aren’t usually available at clearing but, I'm assuming more places will be available due to coronavirus.

Would appreciate some advice or information on getting onto a physio course through clearing, and the likelihood of doing so.
Hi,
Because quite a few students may have deferred their university place this year (as freshers might be a bit boring!) and others may not achieve their required grades to get into uni for the course, there will most likely be more places for scientific/healthcare courses through clearing this year compared to others.
It would be useful if you make a list of universities you would consider applying for through clearing. Try to call up these unis that you that you are considering now, while you have the time, and ask if they intend to go through clearing this year, as they will likely probably already have a good idea of the answer. Hopefully, their hints will help you know which universities to call up first on results day itself, as it's all about speed! Rank the unis that you like the most and on the day, call up the one you would most want to go to first to see if they will accept you.

I know the UCAS website is not always completely up to date or accurate when showing which unis are in clearing and which are not,so see if you can find other websites that also shows which unis are in clearing, and cross reference this with a clearing page on Student Room, if one pops up for physiotherapy this year. Here's a good link explaining clearing, with some tips to help you be prepared on the day. You already have very good grades, so you can start calling unis from 7 or 8am to try to get a spot at your favourite unis!
Hopefully this was helpful :smile:

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/applying-for-university/getting-into-university/university-clearing
Original post by dan_green
I am looking for a place in physiotherapy through clearing preferably for Liverpool or Birmingham university.

I already have achieved grades AAB in Biology, Chemistry and Maths and have done reasonable amounts of work experience.

I know healthcare courses aren’t usually available at clearing but, I'm assuming more places will be available due to coronavirus.

Would appreciate some advice or information on getting onto a physio course through clearing, and the likelihood of doing so.

Hi, have you tried getting in touch with the Universities about this? Maybe try emailing or calling them to get more information. No one really knows how or if this year will or won't be different to previous years because of coronavirus so I think your best option would be to get in touch with the uni's and see what they say about the situation :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending