The Student Room Group

EPQ on Epigenetics help?

Hi, I'm just starting an EPQ on epigenetics and stuggling on finding an angle to write about. Has anyone got any recommentations for websites/ books and research that will help me? or possible questions would be so helpful. Anything is welcome. Thanks!
When I did my EPQ I found my title by going through a few Wikipedia pages on topics I was interested in, learning the basics, any controversies, any new developments, and then following the links from these pages to the source documents/researching it further (never directly reference Wikipedia). Research articles are very helpful too to get data and current research, however they can be difficult to navigate and find if you're not used to them (review articles can be fairly accessible though!). I don't have knowledge of epigenetics really beyond the little I was taught in A Level but maybe an avenue to go down is picking a specific disease and discussing the impact epigenetics has on causing it compared with other causes or what impact epigenetics causes can have on outcome/prognosis or the extent epigenetics-based treatments should be applied to said disease.

One thing to quickly check is how much do you cover epigenetics in your a levels? If you cover it in quite some depth you may not be able to do it as it's too much cross over, but if you don't cover it at all/don't cover it in much detail then you should be fine.
Reply 2
Original post by yeahthatonethere
When I did my EPQ I found my title by going through a few Wikipedia pages on topics I was interested in, learning the basics, any controversies, any new developments, and then following the links from these pages to the source documents/researching it further (never directly reference Wikipedia). Research articles are very helpful too to get data and current research, however they can be difficult to navigate and find if you're not used to them (review articles can be fairly accessible though!). I don't have knowledge of epigenetics really beyond the little I was taught in A Level but maybe an avenue to go down is picking a specific disease and discussing the impact epigenetics has on causing it compared with other causes or what impact epigenetics causes can have on outcome/prognosis or the extent epigenetics-based treatments should be applied to said disease.

One thing to quickly check is how much do you cover epigenetics in your a levels? If you cover it in quite some depth you may not be able to do it as it's too much cross over, but if you don't cover it at all/don't cover it in much detail then you should be fine.

Thank you thats really helpful. Its covered in a bit of detail but im hoping if i take on a different angle ill be able to do it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending