The Student Room Group

Advice on how to go forward with uni -

I am stuck as to where I go now and it's bugging me.

I started my degree in 2015 in Adult Nursing. I completed the first two years. I started year 3 and dropped out in the May due to A LOT of personal issues. I then restarted the degree to try and finish but got to the same point and realised it was going to be impossible for me. By this stage I was extremely anxious about exams, I was on my last attempt on one module which was making me panic even more and was no longer sleeping at night, having panic attacks, getting depressed etc. so I dropped out.

Sob story aside, I came away with a DipHe in medicine, dentistry and health.

The trouble is I do not want to stick to this career path, unfortunately it has broken me and I no longer have faith and to be frank feel bitter that I cannot do what I loved so much.

Roll on a few years I have DipHe I have no idea what to do with and I am now a happy mum to four children who are my world but would love to get some form of degree to better my job prospects and pay!

I was hoping to do a distance learning or online course but not sure how to go about it with credits and whether despite my DipHe being in health related subjects will they generally just count the credits or does it need to be related for the most part?

I have no idea even what I want to do. I don't feel like I am particularly good at anything and feel quite deflated by it all.

Sorry for the long post

Anyone been in the same boat or could offer advice?

Thanks
Original post by RaeMaria91
I am stuck as to where I go now and it's bugging me.

I started my degree in 2015 in Adult Nursing. I completed the first two years. I started year 3 and dropped out in the May due to A LOT of personal issues. I then restarted the degree to try and finish but got to the same point and realised it was going to be impossible for me. By this stage I was extremely anxious about exams, I was on my last attempt on one module which was making me panic even more and was no longer sleeping at night, having panic attacks, getting depressed etc. so I dropped out.

Sob story aside, I came away with a DipHe in medicine, dentistry and health.

The trouble is I do not want to stick to this career path, unfortunately it has broken me and I no longer have faith and to be frank feel bitter that I cannot do what I loved so much.

Roll on a few years I have DipHe I have no idea what to do with and I am now a happy mum to four children who are my world but would love to get some form of degree to better my job prospects and pay!

I was hoping to do a distance learning or online course but not sure how to go about it with credits and whether despite my DipHe being in health related subjects will they generally just count the credits or does it need to be related for the most part?

I have no idea even what I want to do. I don't feel like I am particularly good at anything and feel quite deflated by it all.

Sorry for the long post

Anyone been in the same boat or could offer advice?

Thanks

As far as who counts what your best basis bet will be to return to your initial provider of the DipHe. Because that university invariably will be able to assess what you know from their qualifications best.

But I'm sure you could work with multiple universities to do a top up course, and they would be glad to assist. Most of the non-russell group universities cater perfectly to your situation. I would get in contact with them and possibly a careers advisor to give you some guidance on what you could do.

I would advise that you just go for it! It seems like you have built a wonder family, and your just looking to finish what may have been an extremely daunting period, that likely now will go over alot smoother with substantially less pressure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending