The Student Room Group

Question about HNC

If I were to complete a HNC year. Which essentially would allow me to skip the first year of a University course, would that therefore mean that if I do a foundation year in Uni, I would skip the year 0 foundation year and go straight to the first year? Also if I don't meet the required UCAS points to enter the course which I wish to do, does completing a HNC year have a slightly greater chance of being accepted into one?
An HNC is equivalent to year 1 not year 0. If you study one then you’ll use up your funding for degree study.

Generally if you’re interested in entry into yr 1 of a degree then taking an appropriate level 3 (A level or equivalent) qualification is a better choice.
Original post by PQ
An HNC is equivalent to year 1 not year 0. If you study one then you’ll use up your funding for degree study.

Generally if you’re interested in entry into yr 1 of a degree then taking an appropriate level 3 (A level or equivalent) qualification is a better choice.

so if I pick a 4 year course which has a foundation year but also prior to it completed a HNC in college, the HNC wouldn't mean anything and I would still have to do the foundation year and year 1 of the course? I'm just wondering if I am able to skip the any of the years of the course(which has a foundation year in it) with my HNC, or if its voided and doesn't mean anything. P.S I've already completed my Level 3 Qualification
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Kokorang
so if I pick a 4 year course which has a foundation year but also prior to it completed a HNC in college, the HNC wouldn't mean anything and I would still have to do the foundation year and year 1 of the course? I'm just wondering if I am able to skip the any of the years of the course(which has a foundation year in it) with my HNC, or if its voided and doesn't mean anything. P.S I've already completed my Level 3 Qualification

If you want to do a degree with a foundation year then take the right level 3 qualifications for entry onto that course (ask the university for advice).
Don’t take an HNC.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending