The Student Room Group

Law Applicants 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hannac12345
has anyone got any offers for law and spanish yet?? i applied to oxford (new college), nottingham, bristol and liverpool and only heard back from liverpool ( i got an offer) but still waiting on the others xx

I got rejected from Oxford for it, still waiting on Bristol and Glasgow, got offers from Sheffield and Exeter xx
Original post by lillycat1
With regards to this I really struggled with the LNAT and absolutely dreaded it and kinda accepted failure before I got there as I thought well I only got 15 on one of the supposedly “easier” online tests. I thought it was okay the test that is, both section A and B - although some people thought it was really hard (which makes me question did they sit the same paper haha) but I got an offer from Durham a week after the results got sent off, so I wouldn’t worry hugely, but my Nottingham application has been put on hold ( so it depends which bit they focus on most ) my advice for the test is do the online tests ( that are free I wouldn’t bother parting with any money ) and read the news and search common discursive debate topics as most likely it might come up - my essay question both focused on very recent events in the news and was a common debate question. Hope this helps. If you need any further tips or advice PM me.

Thank you!

I've already sat the LNAT on the 20th of this month. When did you sit yours/ when did you get an email letting you know you had been put on hold? Trying to work out when I should expect to be contacted :smile:
Original post by Bethanyxx32
I got one today :smile: sent my application 2nd nov and lnat 16th nov

I might get one soon then :smile: thanks!
Original post by jjohnstonx
anyone know just how important the lnat is? i find the books i do really well but online i’m getting like 13-20 which is lower than expected for glasgow. How important is it? will i get rejected if i get a poor lnat score?

Hiya! I applied for Law last year and my LNAT was my saving grace. I had some thought personal circumstances (homeless and working several jobs lol) so my predicted grades weren’t the As A*s that I needed. I’ll be honest, I couldn’t afford to pay for books or practice tests for the LNAT so I just used the sample essay questions and the online practice test on their website. I scored 30/42 and received offers from top Russell Group unis with contextual offers despite my predicteds being way lower than the offer conditions. So, from my experience, I reckon my LNAT did me a lot of good. But equally it depends on the uni as some only really care about your A Levels etc.
Original post by Bethanyxx32
I got one today :smile: sent my application 2nd nov and lnat 16th nov

i sent mine 2nd nov and did lnat sept 3rd - hope i get an offer too!
Original post by Davidlawsonreid
Thank you!

I've already sat the LNAT on the 20th of this month. When did you sit yours/ when did you get an email letting you know you had been put on hold? Trying to work out when I should expect to be contacted :smile:

I had mine on the 13th October and was put on hold two weeks ago or didn’t explicitly say put on hold but we must respect the deadline and will get back to you before March at the latest
Hiya everyone, a silly billy here. Does anyone have an actual appreciation for Law or do you just pretend to fight for social justice?
?
Original post by emilydavis2003
Hiya everyone, a silly billy here. Does anyone have an actual appreciation for Law or do you just pretend to fight for social justice?
?

Given how obsessed everyone here is about going to a russell group and magic circle firms, I'd say most people here don't even bother pretending to fight for social justice. But your choices are limited, it's not just social justice vs appreciating law.
Original post by emilydavis2003
?

Law is one of the most competitive subjects to study at any university, people will choose to study it for their own reasons whatever they may be. Your comment with two set reasons to study law seems to me linked inextricably with your opinion on the right reason and the wrong reason respectively. There are loads of different reasons for studying Law and I don’t think you should imply that it is that simple, or patronise people for their reasoning.
I read that Exeter doesn't give any offers until after the deadline? Is this not true!!!
Original post by lrosa2014
I read that Exeter doesn't give any offers until after the deadline? Is this not true!!!

Yes, Exeter said that it only gives offers after 15 Jan, but has already given many offers, for Law and, e.g., Law and French law.
Original post by mustafaAliShi
I am applying for Manchester, Birmingham , Exeter , newscatle(our school has a partnership so that would be ABB for my requirements) and royal Holloway. I am currently predicted A*AA with GCSEs of 6666554433( it’s bad but not bad for someone who started school in year 4 and had to learn English because they don’t have any education before. My a levels are economics sociology and geography (A*)

I've applied to Manchester, Birmingham and Exeter too! Have you applied yet and got any offers? Your predicted grades are really good I wouldn't worry at all
Original post by az3rz
Id say Leeds is 4th for me but Id 100000% take it. I really have no clue about the LNAT - I've applied for KCL/UCL/Cambridge if you were wondering :smile:

I applied for Exeter leeds lancaster KCL and Cambridge, good luck with your applications! I thought the LNAT was super tricky, but felt neutral afterwards since only one of my unis is an LNAT uni anyway
Original post by aysh2626
Hi guys,
Does anyone have any thoughts on QMUoL?? I have tried finding some information on the uni and its law faculty but it seems a bit vague.
I’m torn between QM and LSE, but I want to see if anyone knows anything about QM before putting LSE down, but thats purely for its reputation and opportunities from going there (and I really want to go to London for uni haha)
I would appreciate if anyone has any thoughts,

So for me, I chose QMUL over LSE because, from the LSE students I've spoken to, it's mad competitive and they say that the competition in uni itself is cutthroat. Since I'm an international student, I want to be able to get some part time work during uni time and from what some people claim, you won't have the time to sacrifice. I spoke to a lot of students from QMUL and they seemed a lot happier at the uni. But I'm a different person than you are, and my aspirations aren't to go to Oxbridge or LSE or UCL, I applied to KCL, QMUL, Bristol, Durham and Manchester. If you feel you have what it takes to get in to LSE, and that you will be able to manage your studies in a competitive place, go for it. For me, it was a little too much. Good luck!
Reply 994
Original post by Alwayshussling
Unconditional from Exeter with only predicted grades? I have repeatedly heard from Exeter, and in particular from the head at admissions there, that they don’t give unconditional offers on predicted grades! Ask that person what course and whether on predicted grades, as I’d like to ask admissions at Exeter about this.

It was PPE on predicted grades (I'm pretty sure they were very high)
Any Exeter offers?
Reply 996
Original post by MillieH123
I applied for Exeter leeds lancaster KCL and Cambridge, good luck with your applications!

Thanks, and you
Original post by reallyaks
So for me, I chose QMUL over LSE because, from the LSE students I've spoken to, it's mad competitive and they say that the competition in uni itself is cutthroat. Since I'm an international student, I want to be able to get some part time work during uni time and from what some people claim, you won't have the time to sacrifice. I spoke to a lot of students from QMUL and they seemed a lot happier at the uni. But I'm a different person than you are, and my aspirations aren't to go to Oxbridge or LSE or UCL, I applied to KCL, QMUL, Bristol, Durham and Manchester. If you feel you have what it takes to get in to LSE, and that you will be able to manage your studies in a competitive place, go for it. For me, it was a little too much. Good luck!

I had similar thoughts to you. Do you have a qmul offer? How highly ranked is qmul in your list of unis?
Anyone still hasn't heard from Oxford? The wait is sooooo painful :/
I’ve had all 5 offers now, from Lancaster, Leeds, Cardiff, Keele, and York! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending