The Student Room Group

MSc Data Science Bath vs Glasgow - MSc Human Computer interaction Bath vs St.Andrews

Hello,

I am currently an offer holder for the above programs. Has anyone studied Data Science at Bath/ Glasgow or HCI at Bath/ St.Andrews?
If so, how was your experience? In particular, how were the teaching and academic support during your projects?
Another important point for me is the career support and employability. Thank you!
Original post by Hyuni
Hello,

I am currently an offer holder for the above programs. Has anyone studied Data Science at Bath/ Glasgow or HCI at Bath/ St.Andrews?
If so, how was your experience? In particular, how were the teaching and academic support during your projects?
Another important point for me is the career support and employability. Thank you!

Hi @Hyuni

Glad to hear you're considering Bath for your postgraduate studies!

Unfortunately I am not on either of these courses but can certainly help with questions about career support and employability, and give some insight into my experience at the University in general.

The University in general has fanastic links to industry and are very big on encouraging both undergraduate and postgraduate students to complete placement years so there are fantastic careers service set up for each department and a university wide one. They offer all the help you could ever need, from everything to general advice to interview and assessment centre help/workshops and CV advice.

For more information: Careers Service

Although I'm not on the Data Science course, I can confidently say the teaching for my postgraduate course has been fantastic. The lecturers seem very invested in the students, and provide great opportunities to network and advance your career with social events and guest lecturers. There is a lot of independent learning with postgraduate courses but lecturers are regularly available and more than willing to provide you with as much additional support as you need, whether thats in lectures/seminars, over email or organising 1 on 1 meetings.

As for the City itself, Bath is one of the safest and most beautiful cities in the country, with a rich history. Although there isn’t a great deal to do in your downtime here compared to if you were studying in Glasgow given it is a much bigger and busier citiy than Bath. However, many students take advantage of the fact that Bristol is just a 15 minute train ride away and offers a lot more to do for students and a better nightlife. I can say I personally love living in Bath and couldn’t think of a nicer place to study!

Again, apologies I couldn't provide specific insights into the course, but I hope this has helped!

Ollie
MSc Engineering Business Managment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending