The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Could I get into UCL Laws with poor GCSEs?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ray3RE
You have some insane skill to figure that out from OP's message, you a psychic or?

He’s already said he went to private school pal.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 21
No I meant the Tory part...they could have a conscience. Also could be a girl, but maybe you psyched that part out too.
Original post by Ray3RE
No I meant the Tory part...they could have a conscience. Also could be a girl, but maybe you psyched that part out too.

If you go to a private school you’re a Tory.
Reply 23
Original post by daveymcloughlin

Is it like a genetic thing or...? I never studied politics in school so i would love to be enlightened.
I always thought your parents decide you school but you could decide your politics, I must be wrong though.

Corbyn went to a private school. Tony Benn went to a private school. Are they tories?
Original post by Anonymous
Corbyn went to a private school. Tony Benn went to a private school. Are they tories?

Yes
Yes

ok mate. Your clearly quite jealous and envious. I don't have time for your hate of private schools.
Original post by Anonymous
ok mate. Your clearly quite jealous and envious. I don't have time for your hate of private schools.

They are driving force for inequality in society pal.

Not true (e.g you could be a labour supporter but your parents force you to go to a private or grammar school) and stop derailing the OP's thread
If you look at daveymcloughlin's history on the site, you'll see that he's an obvious troll with a penchant for hating anyone that's remotely successful in applying to read Law at competitive institutions. Take no heed of him, children.
@PetitePanda David's at it again! I think we need to get the mods involved.
Original post by JockstrapAttack
If you look at daveymcloughlin's history on the site, you'll see that he's an obvious troll with a penchant for hating anyone that's remotely successful in applying to read Law at competitive institutions. Take no heed of him, children.

Not true mate
@PetitePanda David's at it again! I think we need to get the mods involved.

Grass
Reply 33

Ah he must be carrying some bitterness.
Original post by Ray3RE
Ah he must be carrying some bitterness.

A lot of bitterness. I hope he seeks out the help that he obviously needs.
A lot of bitterness. I hope he seeks out the help that he obviously needs.

How can you say that with the avi you have
Reply 36
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hey All,

I am thinking of applying to study UCL Law for entry in 2021. However, I do think my GCSEs really let me down.

GCSEs-8777766555
A Level Predicted- A*AA (Possible A*A*A) Politics, Economics and History.
LNAT-What LNAT score would i need to get and how much weight does the essay carry compared to the multi-choice?

I've been told that my personal statement is very good by my teachers. How much weight does this carry? I've heard most unis don't really care about it.

Would I stand any chance of success when applying to UCL as I know it is very competitive. With a decent LNAT score, predicted grades and PS would I be able to make up for a my poor GCSEs? Or would I just be better applying to a 'lesser uni'.

Honesty Appreciated. Wont be offended.

Many Thanks

Hey , may I ask if you got into UCL?
Hey All,

I am thinking of applying to study UCL Law for entry in 2021. However, I do think my GCSEs really let me down.

GCSEs-8777766555
A Level Predicted- A*AA (Possible A*A*A) Politics, Economics and History.
LNAT-What LNAT score would i need to get and how much weight does the essay carry compared to the multi-choice?

I've been told that my personal statement is very good by my teachers. How much weight does this carry? I've heard most unis don't really care about it.

Would I stand any chance of success when applying to UCL as I know it is very competitive. With a decent LNAT score, predicted grades and PS would I be able to make up for a my poor GCSEs? Or would I just be better applying to a 'lesser uni'.

Honesty Appreciated. Wont be offended.

Many Thanks

hey, i was wondering if you got into UCL Law in the end?

hii! i got the same gcses and a levels as u funny enough, ucl is my dream school. i was wondering whether u got in??
Original post by varunxs
Hey , may I ask if you got into UCL?
im really interested in knowing too because UCL is my dream school but i think i will have similar gcse grades as them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending