The Student Room Group

want to tutor to earn some extra money as a 16 y/o. where should I go?

not many websites accept 16-year-olds to teach/tutor. Does anybody have any idea or know any website that allows 16-year-olds to teach? Thanks !!!

Edit: Also, if you're interested in cheap online tutoring in maths, Physics or chem from me just pm me :smile: I'm predicted 9's in those subjects and I currently tutor two people so you're in safe hands, I'd be happy to help.
(edited 3 years ago)
speaking from experience as a y12 tutor, not many parents would take you without ur gcse qualifications so maybe wait til summer, also its good ti have some backgroun experience like for example i had a part time job marking kids sheets and this tutoring company, then once u have all that then write up a mini intro about u and how u plan on delivering the lessons ,etc. how u will suppoort the students , etc. and then perhaps post on a whatsapp group chat or neaighbouring app like Nextdoor
Original post by ammywammy
speaking from experience as a y12 tutor, not many parents would take you without ur gcse qualifications so maybe wait til summer, also its good ti have some backgroun experience like for example i had a part time job marking kids sheets and this tutoring company, then once u have all that then write up a mini intro about u and how u plan on delivering the lessons ,etc. how u will suppoort the students , etc. and then perhaps post on a whatsapp group chat or neaighbouring app like Nextdoor

thank you for your advice :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by vix.xvi
not many websites accept 16-year-olds to teach/tutor. Does anybody have any idea or know any website that allows 16-year-olds to teach? Thanks !!!

Edit: Also, if you're interested in cheap online tutoring in maths, Physics or chem from me just pm me :smile: I'm predicted 9's in those subjects so you're in safe hands, I'd be happy to help.

As above, I've been tutoring on a platform since my masters accruing over 300 hours in the last 2 years. As it stands you have no official qualifications to your name yet therefore parents will often be sceptical about your ability. It's very different to learn something than it is to teach something. There is no harm trying to get experience once you're doing A-levels so you have some experience when the time comes.
Original post by lilGem
As above, I've been tutoring on a platform since my masters accruing over 300 hours in the last 2 years. As it stands you have no official qualifications to your name yet therefore parents will often be sceptical about your ability. It's very different to learn something than it is to teach something. There is no harm trying to get experience once you're doing A-levels so you have some experience when the time comes.

oh ok- i understand it may be hard to tutor people. thanks tho!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending