The Student Room Group

Which A-levels should I do?

I’m looking for a career in clinical Psychology in the future, but I’m not sure which A-levels I should take. Any advice?
Original post by hannahr252
I’m looking for a career in clinical Psychology in the future, but I’m not sure which A-levels I should take. Any advice?

Hi @hannahr252

I would suggest looking at a few Clinical Psychology or Psychology courses and seeing what the entry requirements are. This should help you see if you need to study any specific A levels in order to the degree. Apart from that I would recommend doing A levels that you would enjoy and do well in, as universities will have entry requirements that you will need to meet.

Zaira :smile:
psychology, biology, sociology
I'd recommend two science subjects.
Psychology, criminology and Biology would probably be best for that and they all compliment each other. But I know quite a few people who do sciences and most people say Biology is the most difficult so if you think that could be a concern try chemistry.
Also look at uni's that your interested in to see their entry requirements and they will probably say what subjects they prefer.
Original post by hannahr252

Hi @hannahr252 !

I think Psychology, Biology and Maths would be good for this (maybe also Chemistry). I recommend looking at a bunch of Uni websites and seeing the entry requirements for their clinical psychology courses :smile:

Erin - Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest