The Student Room Group

[Group Study Thread] Daily two-hour sessions

Struggling to focus? Are you interested in participating in group study sessions for two hours a day with other users? Then this thread is for you :smile:

Morning Sessions: 10.00 - 12.00

Evening Sessions: 4.00 - 6.00

Summary

Spoiler

FAQ:

How can you take part in these sessions and what are they anyway?

Spoiler

Users participating (please LMK if you want to be added or removed from the tag list)

Morning Sessions:

Spoiler

Evening sessions:

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

@I AM GROOT 1. @Brutal Bee Done. Now let us discuss :biggrin:
This looks cool :smile:
Original post by Synergy_
Struggling to focus? Are you interested in participating in group study sessions for two hours a day with other users? Then this thread is for you :smile:

If you are interested in joining a certain session, I was thinking maybe you could say that you are and then we all make sure that we are not posting on TSR? Post suggestions and thoughts here :tongue:

PRSOM
Original post by Brutal Bee
PRSOM

So you agree? Should we always make it at the same time every day?
I'm joining :hello:
So you agree? Should we always make it at the same time every day?

I think we could have like 1 session at the same time every day to make sure that we are working at least 2 hours a day. But then, I was wondering:
- How many hours of work do we want a day? Therefore, how many sessions?
- Can people comment on the thread and start their own sessions with other available users?
Maybe there could be like one or two big sessions a day (one in the morning and the other after dinner, so around 8 pm) and outside of that users are free to start their own sessions with other users?
(edited 3 years ago)
Yaaassss :woo: the thread we’ve all be waiting for
I think we could have like 1 session at the same time every day to make sure that we are working at least 2 hours a day. But then, I was wondering:
- How many hours of work do we want a day? Therefore, how many sessions?
- Can people comment on the thread and start their own sessions with other available users?
Maybe there could be like one or two big sessions a day (one in the morning and the other after dinner, so around 8 pm) and outside of that users are free to start their own sessions with other users?

- I think that if it more than one session (like multiple ones) it will be a bit chaotic/ excessive. Like, people can do other sessions in their own time, no?

- hmm, tough one. I was thinking if it was a collective thing then we can all make sure none of the participants are posting? Like easier accountability wise.

- Yesss smart! One in the morning and one in the evening, I think it is a great idea :yep:

- Yesss smart! One in the morning and one in the evening, I think it is a great idea :yep:

Yup. In my opinion, this would work best. We just have to choose the times now.
Yup. In my opinion, this would work best. We just have to choose the times now.

Okay, perf. :biggrin:

Original post by SuperiorPotato
I'm joining :hello:

Original post by Theloniouss
This looks cool :smile:

Original post by I AM GROOT 1
Yaaassss :woo: the thread we’ve all be waiting for

Heyy, assuming all you guys are interested in joining, do you have any ideas for what times?

I do not study the morning, so I do not have a preference for a morning session. But how about 6-8 for the evening?

Heyy, assuming all you guys are interested in joining, do you have any ideas for what times?

I do not study the morning, so I do not have a preference for a morning session. But how about 6-8 for the evening?

Would afternoons be better like 4-6 instead? because 6-8 is dinner time :biggrin:
i get busy after 5ish.... can we do 2 to 4pm...i feel like that's a universal time when a lot of people are free

I'd probably be eating 6-8 tbh
This thread might help you work out a schedule :yep:

have popped this in revision and study tips for you :smile:
I'd probably be eating 6-8 tbh

Original post by vix.xvi
i get busy after 5ish.... can we do 2 to 4pm...i feel like that's a universal time when a lot of people are free

Would afternoons be better like 4-6 instead? because 6-8 is dinner time :biggrin:

Added a poll with the suggestions. We can all vote :yep:
Original post by CoolCavy
This thread might help you work out a schedule :yep:

have popped this in revision and study tips for you :smile:

Thank you! :redface:

No preference, I’m happy with any time :h:
We are stuck in a tie :colondollar:
Could you just vote for which one you slightly prefer more? :tongue:
No preference, I’m happy with any time :h:
(edited 3 years ago)
OK, so the tie has been broken. From 4.00 - 6.00 wins :yep:
We can start tomorrow. And each day, 30 minutes before the session, we can all state who is in and then start together :tongue:
x

x

x

Original post by vix.xvi
x

x

Quick Reply

Latest