The Student Room Group

My parents have forced me to stay in the house for 4 months bc of coronavirus

I haven’t left my house not even once since the start of lockdown since March not even to go the shops. I asked my mother if I can meet up with one friend in July and she started shouting and hitting me and threw water at me last night. She continued to insult me and tell me that I’m a secret drug addict and street girl. Which doesn’t even make sense bc I’m the most innocent out of my friends and barely ever go out. I Keep in mind I’m 18. I’m losing my mind I’ve been stuck in this house since March and she’s not budging. What do I do? I can’t wait to move out for uni but that’s not until September. And pls don’t say talk to her because she doesn’t listen and is narcissistic. Whenever my friends asks me why I haven’t left my house I always blame it on saying I’m too scared of the virus when reality it’s this and I’m too embarrassed to say.
To add to it my parents are toxic and always arguing and fighting with each other and refuse to get a divorce. Their toxic relationship really affected me growing up and idk what to do. What is the point of life ?
None of them are high risk btw
Reply 1
OP here: Ik I might not have that many options but it’s really affecting my mental health and I needed more of space to vent on thank you 💓
I'm sorry to hear about your sh!tuation... it really can't be pleasant for you, especially with the warm weather this week.

Are there no relatives you could go and stay with / visit? Theoretically, if you drove there you'd not be exposed to anyone "external". When we were in complete lockdown, sometimes I just went for an evening drive... just to see the outside world (I didn't leave my car FTR).

If that's not an option, you said you're going to Uni in September... that's now only two months away, and you've already done over 3 months in total isolation... so you're over the worst of it.

Hope the last bit is at least some consolation :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I haven’t left my house not even once since the start of lockdown since March not even to go the shops. I asked my mother if I can meet up with one friend in July and she started shouting and hitting me and threw water at me last night. She continued to insult me and tell me that I’m a secret drug addict and street girl. Which doesn’t even make sense bc I’m the most innocent out of my friends and barely ever go out. I Keep in mind I’m 18. I’m losing my mind I’ve been stuck in this house since March and she’s not budging. What do I do? I can’t wait to move out for uni but that’s not until September. And pls don’t say talk to her because she doesn’t listen and is narcissistic. Whenever my friends asks me why I haven’t left my house I always blame it on saying I’m too scared of the virus when reality it’s this and I’m too embarrassed to say.
To add to it my parents are toxic and always arguing and fighting with each other and refuse to get a divorce. Their toxic relationship really affected me growing up and idk what to do. What is the point of life ?

You can call childline even though you are 18 you will get there number on the internet and you can talk with them about everything
yeah I am in the same boat and haven't seen anybody since the start of lockdown:frown:
yeah I am in the same boat and haven't seen anybody since the start of lockdown:frown:

Held against your will

What is a "street girl"?
Original post by laughinglad999
Held against your will

yes and no, one of my family members is shielding so they feel it is unsafe and places them at higher risk if anyone goes out.

What is a "street girl"?

prostitute I think
yes and no, one of my family members is shielding so they feel it is unsafe and places them at higher risk if anyone goes out.

prostitute I think

Why would your mum say that?
Original post by Gundabad(good)
Why would your mum say that?

because it's true? if you go out you come into contact with other people, whereas if you don't, there is no risk of catching the virus

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending