The Student Room Group

Uni Checklist

Thought Ill start this thread for the current yr 13s going to uni this Sept. Feel free to add well basically anything u can think off :smile:
I’m a gap year student who will either be having another gap year and starting in 2021, or starting in 2020

Cooking stuff
Stationery
Original post by Anonymous
Thought Ill start this thread for the current yr 13s going to uni this Sept. Feel free to add well basically anything u can think off :smile:

Hi Anonymous,

I will add a few things that I didn't think of which weren't on a lot of the checklists I had found online:

-A doorstop to prop your door open letting your housemates know you're available to chat
-A lamp for your desk for if you're working late at night
-Scales (my housemates and I bonded a lot over baking!)
-Tupperwate which is really useful if you're batch cooking meals

Hope these help!

Millie
Student Rep
You don’t need as much as you think. Chances are you’ll only need about one tea towel, a couple plates and a couple knives and forks. You don’t need entire family sets and chances are you can share utensils with flatmates. If you all buy a pack of 3 tea towels and there’s like 6+ of you sharing a kitchen and they all bring 3 tea towels you’ll end up with a ridiculous amount. Same goes for other kitchenware.
Also don’t buy unnecessary decorative items for your dorm, at least not until you get to your flat and know how much space you have. Everyone get so excited for having their own place for the first time and so want to decorate it and make it their own, however it is your first ever accommodation and so imo you should only have necessities and essentials, especially when you’ll probably be strapped for cash during your time at uni. Be practical.
Having said that I think a few photos in frames make a nice touch just to remind you of your family and friends back at home and maybe a small plant for oxygen.
I would get 2 duvet covers and pillow cases so you can always have one on while the other is ready to be washed and dried. Same with towels.
You’re gonna want dettol spray and bleach or a toilet duck for you bathroom if you have your own en suite
Reply 4
External locks for your fridges/freezers. You're welcome

Hi,

Here's a few random things I thought of:

- A diary, to keep organised.
- A note book.
- A folder, if you plan to have paper notes.
- A memory stick.
- Head phones.
- Your Passport.

Zaira :smile:

Hey,

On the general side of things I would say:
- Laptop/ Ipad -helps alot especially when working away from uni
- Headphones -Always helps when on the move yet I want to phone someone or listen to something without disturbing the people around me

As for household items
- Atleast one or two pot and spatulas (at least)
- A baking dish
- A blender or smoothie blender

Hope this helps
Doreen-maria - Official Student Rep 😀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending