The Student Room Group

Uni assignment

I’m in my first year, and I have my first science report due in 3 days. I don’t understand everything in the checklist. So the question is: will I fail the whole assignment if I don’t attempt a certain task within it, or will I just lose marks?
Reply 1
You need to be asking the staff member responsible for the course unit this question.
This is difficult to answer without knowing the details so ask the module leader. In general I would always attempt a question, because you are typically credited (even with a small number of marks) for attempting to answer a question, whereas not answering is always going to give you 0.

Best of luck🙂

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
I’m in my first year, and I have my first science report due in 3 days. I don’t understand everything in the checklist. So the question is: will I fail the whole assignment if I don’t attempt a certain task within it, or will I just lose marks?

i think you will just lose a few marks, as long as you've done most or some of the checklist you should be fine and should atleast pass

Hi there,

I would recommend you speak to your module tutor as they will be able to assist you with these. At first, it was daunting to me to email my tutors but they are there to help you. Or ask them in your classes and they will be happy to help, especially in first year as it can be hard to grasp how to write the reports and assignments straight away.

Sometimes you will lose marks for not attempting certain tasks but sometimes you can fail.
If you look at the assessment criteria it might give you some more details about how the report is weighted and if the task you don't understand is a high percentage of marks, I would recommend you do it.

I would also say that usually attempting a task Is better than just leaving it completely, as it shows that you have at least tried.

I hope this helps!
Lucy -SHU student ambassador.

Hi there,

I think it is best to ask the lecturer or member of staff who you are completing the assignment for. They will be able to help you much better than I can! They also might be able to give you some guidance on how to approach the tasks, it can be hard to adjust to the change in work from school to uni! I would always recommend trying every task that there is.

I really hope this helps

Ellen
Y4 Medical Student
Uni of Sunderland

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending