The Student Room Group

Friend and uni

In september I am going to uni and one of my best mates is too which seemed more appealing at the time tbh..:s-smilie: anyway so i am moving to halls (we live 30 mins away) cos I am quite shy outwith my social group and decided it would be a lot easier to mix. Well my mate was gonna get a flat too but she cant afford it so she is commuting with her dad every day. But anyway she seems to think she is staying in my flat for the whole of freshers tho she has never asked and i have never invited her to but she just assumed i would let her but i dont want her to just cos i kinda want to make the most of a fresh start and stuff without having someone tagging along. Would you be happy if someone came to live with you the first time you're getting away and when you've worked to pay for it and stuff...

Any advice? x
Can she not get a student loan and pay for it that way
Reply 2
To be honest, she probably thinks she is because she's scared ****less. After the first few days she'll have her own set of friends she'll hang around with (I know they may not stay friends forever but this is irrelevant) and will do stuff with them instead.
I would agree with you, you need your own space. Just talk to her about it, tell her you need the room to yourself. She'll probably be a bit annoyed for a while, but she's your best friend so she'll hopefully get over it soon enough. Can't you offer to let her stay the night maybe on the Friday/Saturday rather than the whole week?
You need to have a talk with her about this!
Once you have explained how you feel I think she will be pretty understanding as its only fair that you get a fresh start.
I had a few friends that mentioned staying with me during Freshers, but I was pretty firm about it and just said that I needed to settle in a bit on my own first.

Obviously, she will probably want to come to alot of the events with you and pop into visit you but just draw the line and say that you don't really want her staying with you all week.
Reply 5
Thanks a lot guys :smile: xx

Latest

Trending

Trending