The Student Room Group

Student loans

Does anyone know if you can ask for extra money from student loan company. I want to go to university next year and I’m actually about to bawl my eyes out I’m predicted to get around 6grand which after paying the rent and getting food I will be in like -£200 by the end off the 3 months 😭 my parents can’t afford to give me anything they struggle with it a lot as it is let alone having to give me money. I don’t think I’m able to get any bursaries from the uni I have looked at NHS ones but I’m so confused as to how they work. I don’t really want to get a job on top as I really want to be able to focus on my degree.
Are you studying in England and is the £6,000 for the year? Did you apply based on parents income? Are there bursaries you can apply for from the uni? I got £7,500 a year but always used to manage (it wasn't hard). Are you going to uni where the accommodation is expensive/are you living on campus?
Reply 2
Original post by ArabellaMarie8
Are you studying in England and is the £6,000 for the year? Did you apply based on parents income? Are there bursaries you can apply for from the uni? I got £7,500 a year but always used to manage (it wasn't hard). Are you going to uni where the accommodation is expensive/are you living on campus?

It’s based on my parents income, I’m hopefully going be going to Reading 2021 and the accommodation for the year is already higher than my loan my plan would be to live on campus it’s the cheapest option
Original post by Tash8790
Does anyone know if you can ask for extra money from student loan company. I want to go to university next year and I’m actually about to bawl my eyes out I’m predicted to get around 6grand which after paying the rent and getting food I will be in like -£200 by the end off the 3 months 😭 my parents can’t afford to give me anything they struggle with it a lot as it is let alone having to give me money. I don’t think I’m able to get any bursaries from the uni I have looked at NHS ones but I’m so confused as to how they work. I don’t really want to get a job on top as I really want to be able to focus on my degree.

NHS bursaries are only available for students studying allied health courses, so you won't get funding from them if you aren't studying one of those. Are they any scholarships or grants offered by your university that you could apply for? The only other option is to get a part-time job.
Reply 4
Original post by PhoenixFortune
NHS bursaries are only available for students studying allied health courses, so you won't get funding from them if you aren't studying one of those. Are they any scholarships or grants offered by your university that you could apply for? The only other option is to get a part-time job.

It is I believe a allied health course so I have heard, the only problem is I struggle with work because the fast food places I worked used for o work in would trigger hives and cause really bad skin problems for me. And there’s not really much other option. As no shops ever seem to hire
Original post by Tash8790
It is I believe a allied health course so I have heard, the only problem is I struggle with work because the fast food places I worked used for o work in would trigger hives and cause really bad skin problems for me. And there’s not really much other option. As no shops ever seem to hire

Which course is it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending