Word Count for Masters Degree Personal Statement?

Watch
EllaKNotts
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm applying for a Masters Degree in Building Surveying at Nottingham Trent. The maximum word count is 4000 words. This seems quite a lot to me and Prospects suggests 500 words for a masters statement which doesn't seem quite enough! Are they expecting 4000 words?
Last edited by EllaKNotts; 3 weeks ago
ClaudiaVan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are you sure itโ€™s not 4000 characters?
I think go with what prospects says. As long as you structure it well and put in everything you want to say, you should be okay writing a fab statement!
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by EllaKNotts)
I'm applying for a Masters Degree in Building Surveying at Nottingham Trent. The maximum word count is 4000 words. This seems quite a lot to me and Prospects suggests 500 words for a masters statement which doesn't seem quite enough! Are they expecting 4000 words?
It's 4,000 Characters about one page similar to an undergrad personal statement.....

No one will read your 4,000 word PS lmao. I doubt there's even an assignments for CW involving 4,000 words....

We only did 3,000 and i went to University of Nottingham. The harder version of Trent ๐Ÿ˜‚.
EllaKNotts
Rep:
?
(Original post by ClaudiaVan)
Are you sure itโ€™s not 4000 characters?
I think go with what prospects says. As long as you structure it well and put in everything you want to say, you should be okay writing a fab statement!
Thank you! I just double checked & it is 4000 characters ๐Ÿ˜‚ been a while so I think I just saw the 4000 and panicked.
ClaudiaVan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you! I just double checked & it is 4000 characters ๐Ÿ˜‚ been a while so I think I just saw the 4000 and panicked.
No worries!
EllaKNotts
Rep:
?
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
It's 4,000 Characters about one page similar to an undergrad personal statement.....

No one will read your 4,000 word PS lmao. I doubt there's even an assignments for CW involving 4,000 words....

We only did 3,000 and i went to University of Nottingham. The harder version of Trent ๐Ÿ˜‚.
โ€˜The harder version of Trent.โ€™ Wow you do think a lot of yourself donโ€™t you? Maybe itโ€™s not that much harder - I did 4000 & 5000 words at Birmingham for my undergrad. Both unis have gold TEF standard teaching & the course Iโ€™m doing has the best reviews for the subject area. Thanks for attempting to be condescending. I hope you feel a bit more secure in yourself now.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
โ€˜The harder version of Trent.โ€™ Wow you do think a lot of yourself donโ€™t you? Maybe itโ€™s not that much harder - I did 4000 & 5000 words at Birmingham for my undergrad. Both unis have gold TEF standard teaching & the course Iโ€™m doing has the best reviews for the subject area. Thanks for attempting to be condescending. I hope you feel a bit more secure in yourself now.
Loool you couldn't even read the page while applying. Don't come at me sideways. Not my fault you had to settle for a non-Russell group education lmao...i didn't do your BTEC, you did.

Enjoy your ex-poly master's ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘.
Last edited by Realitysreflexx; 3 weeks ago
EllaKNotts
Rep:
?
Loool you couldn't even read the page while applying. Don't come at me sideways. Not my fault you had to settle for a non-Russell group education lmao...i didn't do your BTEC, you did.

Enjoy your ex-poly master's ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘.
Happy trolling
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Happy trolling
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ You see the bars beside my name. I'm no troll, your just well out of order. But enjoy trent! No way you won't get in, I'm sure.
EllaKNotts
Rep:
?
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ You see the bars beside my name. I'm no troll, your just well out of order. But enjoy trent! No way you won't get in, I'm sure.
๐Ÿ‘‹ ๐Ÿ‘‹
bigtitygothgirl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
My guys got a super car profile picture :'( and spent his entire social life on the student room hahaha, hes just looking for some social interaction
he did a management bachelors which is the poundland version of business studies
EllaKNotts
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 minutes ago
(Original post by bigtitygothgirl)
My guys got a super car profile picture :'( and spent his entire social life on the student room hahaha, hes just looking for some social interaction
he did a management bachelors which is the poundland version of business studies
Preach :adore::lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (83)
38.97%
Take autumn exams (71)
33.33%
Look for a job (6)
2.82%
Consider an apprenticeship (7)
3.29%
Take a year out (33)
15.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
6.1%

Watched Threads