The Student Room Group

i don't wanna go into year 9 i am 13

i am scared

Scroll to see replies

Is there something specific you're scared about, such as the work load or your class?
Aw why are you scared?
Original post by Sofie Rose
i am scared

Don't worry you'll be fine it's not as bad you think it is :console:
year 9 is okay. you’ll be fine ☺️
is there anything specific your worried about?
hey! year 9 is actually fine - it's bascially the same as year 8. :smile:

you might be scared because you think that you're always going to be mentally the same age as now, and you're facing big things ahead on your own, but in reality you grow and are ready to face them when they come around usually. your school will help you. one thing that i tried to remember when i was scared about a levels is that you're all in the same boat.

your whole class, year and country has to do the exact same stuff as you. there's no vital exams, so nothing to be scared of :yep:
Hi, I’ve moved this thread to the secondary school, sixth form and fe college forum :h:

Y9 isn’t something to massively stress over, you’ll probably not be starting the gcse courses, so it’s just like Y7 or 8 were! :smile:
Reply 7
i was scared as well,but year 9 was one of my favourite years in school. its never as bad as you think it is going to be:smile:
Reply 8
You shouldn't worry it's not a big deal i guarantee you it will be fine :hugs:
Reply 9
honestly, if you're just scared of how all of it will go, it depends on what the people in your year group are like and what type of friends you have.

I had a group of friends that weren't good for me and (I'm 14 so I'm going into year 10) this year wasn't great for me but that's just because I was in the wrong situations with the wrong people.

I'm out of that situation now but it still hurt to lose them (i knew some of them since primary school) just do what feels right for you and try not to go in the wrong direction and have fun (but do try hard to be in good sets because honestly, it does matter I used to be in set 4 maths and the people weren't bad people but they just didn't give one anymore and it wasn't a great vibe.

Anyways, just do what feels right for you and enjoy it. And if you're alone and you don't really like your year group then honestly just rock it, it's fine if all you want to do is go to the library but do try to have fun otherwise it does get depressing (this is speaking from experience btw.
But anyway it'll be fine just do what makes you happy and try to keep up with you're classes.

You'll be fine just don't worry too much.
Try to keep in mind that there are reasons why you may go through something and that it's alright if you're not happy sometimes and just chill and just go with the flow x

lmao sorry this was so long :smile:
same, im in year 8 going into year 9 and i really don't want to. at our school we start our gcse course in year 9 so im just pretty nervous. so i get how you feel <3
Don't worry, you'll love it!
Original post by headless chick
Is there something specific you're scared about, such as the work load or your class?

I am kinda nervous if i get alot and i forget and get detention for not doing it.
Original post by SuperiorPotato
Don't worry you'll be fine it's not as bad you think it is :console:

Ok
Original post by ella’s words
year 9 is okay. you’ll be fine ☺️
is there anything specific your worried about?

Yeah I am scared whether you get Alot of homework and i am scared if i forget to some and get detention.
Original post by yzanne
hey! year 9 is actually fine - it's bascially the same as year 8. :smile:

you might be scared because you think that you're always going to be mentally the same age as now, and you're facing big things ahead on your own, but in reality you grow and are ready to face them when they come around usually. your school will help you. one thing that i tried to remember when i was scared about a levels is that you're all in the same boat.

your whole class, year and country has to do the exact same stuff as you. there's no vital exams, so nothing to be scared of :yep:

Thanks
Thank You So Much :smile:
Original post by Iqra Haq
honestly, if you're just scared of how all of it will go, it depends on what the people in your year group are like and what type of friends you have.

I had a group of friends that weren't good for me and (I'm 14 so I'm going into year 10) this year wasn't great for me but that's just because I was in the wrong situations with the wrong people.

I'm out of that situation now but it still hurt to lose them (i knew some of them since primary school) just do what feels right for you and try not to go in the wrong direction and have fun (but do try hard to be in good sets because honestly, it does matter I used to be in set 4 maths and the people weren't bad people but they just didn't give one anymore and it wasn't a great vibe.

Anyways, just do what feels right for you and enjoy it. And if you're alone and you don't really like your year group then honestly just rock it, it's fine if all you want to do is go to the library but do try to have fun otherwise it does get depressing (this is speaking from experience btw.
But anyway it'll be fine just do what makes you happy and try to keep up with you're classes.

You'll be fine just don't worry too much.
Try to keep in mind that there are reasons why you may go through something and that it's alright if you're not happy sometimes and just chill and just go with the flow x

lmao sorry this was so long :smile:

Thanks Also its fine if its long.
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
same, im in year 8 going into year 9 and i really don't want to. at our school we start our gcse course in year 9 so im just pretty nervous. so i get how you feel <3

Okay. I don't know why i feel so weird and nervous thinking about going in year 9.
Original post by TheYearNiner
Don't worry, you'll love it!

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending