The Student Room Group

A levels for paediatric nursing

Hello.
I’m going into sixth form next year. Most unis at least require two a levels ( some sciences) and will accept 1 btec.
Our school does health and social care BTEC evquivilent to one a level. And it also does applied biology which is also a btec. If I were too do psychology as well with that be fine ?
Original post by ismig07
Hello.
I’m going into sixth form next year. Most unis at least require two a levels ( some sciences) and will accept 1 btec.
Our school does health and social care BTEC evquivilent to one a level. And it also does applied biology which is also a btec. If I were too do psychology as well with that be fine ?

That would be fine to do. Does your college not offer an extended diploma in Health and Social Care that's equivalent to three a levels instead of one?

If it does, then it might be worth just doing the extended diploma if you're interested in HSC! A lot of uni students do Health and Social as you get so many placements on the course and the units include anatomy & physiology etc. I'm a HSC student so would be happy to answer any questions :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Hazelly
That would be fine to do. Does your college not offer an extended diploma in Health and Social Care that's equivalent to three a levels instead of one?

If it does, then it might be worth just doing the extended diploma if you're interested in HSC! A lot of uni students do Health and Social as you get so many placements on the course and the units include anatomy & physiology etc. I'm a HSC student so would be happy to answer any questions :smile:

Thank you so much for replying. I appreciate it. Our school does not offer that unfortunately. And the college that does is very far from where i live ;( Also I dont want to directly take the diploma as i might change my career plan. What subjects would you rreccomen :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending