The Student Room Group

Ucas 2021 application question

I don't really understand how the choices system works, I got BCC but I am 100% certain I will get AAA for my actual exam. I want to apply for Universities with AAA to ABB range since they are out of my Predicted grade range am I not allowed to do that or will it be instantly rejected by UCAS. New to all this sorry thanks!!
Original post by Dezer
I don't really understand how the choices system works, I got BCC but I am 100% certain I will get AAA for my actual exam. I want to apply for Universities with AAA to ABB range since they are out of my Predicted grade range am I not allowed to do that or will it be instantly rejected by UCAS. New to all this sorry thanks!!

UCAS lets you apply to any 5 choices you like, it would be the university's decision to reject you.
Some Universities could reject you even if you do get the grades (its all a bit confusing) however ask your teachers about changing your predicted grades. By getting a conditional offer, it means you'll still have to meet or achieve those grades to get your place and if you don't, you do get lose it. I suggest applying for a mix of universities (that's what i'm doing anyways) some have grades of ABB and some BBC/BCC, just so if i get rejected to any i can fall back on those BBC unis
What makes you say that you're certain you will get AAA in your final exams?
Reply 4
Original post by milliejayne19
What makes you say that you're certain you will get AAA in your final exams?

Well I am putting in the hours like serious amounts. And I am just personally confident.
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle
UCAS lets you apply to any 5 choices you like, it would be the university's decision to reject you.

So they can reject me without offering me a conditional place??? If so is there any point of me applying for AAA unis then with BCC.
Original post by Dezer
So they can reject me without offering me a conditional place??? If so is there any point of me applying for AAA unis then with BCC.

Yes they can, I wouldnt apply to more than one, two maximum
Reply 7
Yes they can, I wouldnt apply to more than one, two maximum

I am going to have to wait then to talk to my careers manager at school...Life slaps you with a corona virus and the school decides your Predicted grades, I am genuinely fed up of life....
Original post by Dezer
I am going to have to wait then to talk to my careers manager at school...Life slaps you with a corona virus and the school decides your Predicted grades, I am genuinely fed up of life....

There's always foundation years or applying with your actual grades there ll be options to you.
Reply 9
There's always foundation years or applying with your actual grades there ll be options to you.

The thing is my family was counting on me getting a job so I can help them out as soon as possible thats why they dont want me to take a gap year but if that my only option I might, anyways theres always clearing I will make sure I look at that... Thanks for the help Claire
Original post by Dezer
The thing is my family was counting on me getting a job so I can help them out as soon as possible thats why they dont want me to take a gap year but if that my only option I might, anyways theres always clearing I will make sure I look at that... Thanks for the help Claire

You can work during your gap year and yes you could find something in clearing with BCC
Original post by Dezer

There is Adjustment as well as Clearing, where you can apply to other unis if you get better grades than those required by your Firm choice uni.

The good thing about Adjustment over Clearing is that you don't have to give up the offer you have before you can apply to other unis.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/ucas-adjustment-if-youve-done-better-expected
Reply 12
Original post by harrysbar
There is Adjustment as well as Clearing, where you can apply to other unis if you get better grades than those required by your Firm choice uni.

The good thing about Adjustment over Clearing is that you don't have to give up the offer you have before you can apply to other unis.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/ucas-adjustment-if-youve-done-better-expected

I want to do Chemicalk Engineering, I have BCC predicted grades, I want to go to Uni of Nottingham, Sheffield or Birmingham or Manchester backup Bradford, be plain and honest with me please because I don't want to end up with 5 rejections, what are my chances of getting conditional offers, I have a very good personal statement, becuase I have done multiple Online courses related to Engineering some examples Aerospace with MIT, Energy and Environmental Costrainsts with Harvard, Nuclear Engineering with the OU and have gotten a week of shadowing with an engineer
and have shown real interest in the subject via outside of school learning. I really wanted to do well for my FUPG's and get AAA but not an option anymore, so I need some real honest opinions about if I even stand a chance. If I get rejected by all of my options what can I do, will I not be able to go to university or do I wait for clearing to find a course through there, and what are the chances any good universities for chem eng will be on the options for clearing. Suppose I do get aaa or more can I ring up my universities that rejected me and ask if I can join?? Those are all my questions I think. Thanks to anyone in advance who can give me a thorough and detailed response!!!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Dezer
I want to do Chemicalk Engineering, I have BCC predicted grades, I want to go to Uni of Nottingham, Sheffield or Birmingham or Manchester backup Bradford, be plain and honest with me please because I don't want to end up with 5 rejections, what are my chances of getting conditional offers, I have a very good personal statement, becuase I have done multiple Online courses related to Engineering some examples Aerospace with MIT, Energy and Environmental Costrainsts with Harvard, Nuclear Engineering with the OU and have gotten a week of shadowing with an engineer
and have shown real interest in the subject via outside of school learning. I really wanted to do well for my FUPG's and get AAA but not an option anymore, so I need some real honest opinions about if I even stand a chance. If I get rejected by all of my options what can I do, will I not be able to go to university or do I wait for clearing to find a course through there, and what are the chances any good universities for chem eng will be on the options for clearing. Suppose I do get aaa or more can I ring up my universities that rejected me and ask if I can join?? Those are all my questions I think. Thanks to anyone in advance who can give me a thorough and detailed response!!!

You are likely to get an offer from Bradford but not very likely with the others because your predicted grades are way off their requirements. If it's not too late I would do some substitutions such as Aston instead of Birmingham.

If it is too late to make changes to your UCAS then in all honesty I would expect some rejections but Bradford is a good backup. And there is always Clearing when more unis will have vacancies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending