The Student Room Group

WH Smith’s

Hiiii :smile:)

Has anyone worked at WH Smith’s?
If you have, what’s it like working there ?
Don’t wanna get there and hate it

Thank youuuuu :smile:)))
I'm currently working in one of the high street stores right now. I was chuffed to work there for the first few weeks and then the novelty of having a job wore off. Wage is terrible, co workers are mostly miserable 30-40 year olds; there are some people my age that I get along with well. Managers are quite genuine people but upper management don't care; never actually heard a word from them. The work environment isn't great because smiths is a dying brand and it can be seen all over the store with out of touch products and disgusting carpets. Shifts are pretty uneventful and on some days mind-numbingly boring. My store encourages having no seats (which I think is to stop us slacking off) but everyone complains of standing around doing nothing all day.

For me the handling of the pandemic situation has been pretty awful by my store. We remained open the full way through and we're still ironing out problems with how everything's running. Overall I'd say it purely depends on what type of people you're working with which determines how the shifts go but I'll have to say I wouldn't recommend it and I'll be resigning once college is back up and running.

If anyone wants to know anything else about working there just let me know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending