The Student Room Group

Face coverings in class

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laurence010401
But this is the same british school system that makes students ask permission to take off their jumper/blazer, along with loads of other, well, ****ing stupid, rules. I have very low expectations of them

I never had that kind of insanity at school.
does face covering include wearing glasses? Because virus can get into eyes so just covering mouth alone is not good enough.
But this is the same british school system that makes students ask permission to take off their jumper/blazer, along with loads of other, well, ****ing stupid, rules. I have very low expectations of them

Very true. I’m so glad my school isn’t like that at all. And I’m thinking, could I just tell them it’s part of my outfit if they try to make me take it off? 🤔😂
Original post by DiddyDec
I never had that kind of insanity at school.

It was a policy at my first secondary school. And it was brought into mu second one while I was there.
It was a policy at my first secondary school. And it was brought into mu second one while I was there.

It just doesn't make any sense.
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
Very true. I’m so glad my school isn’t like that at all. And I’m thinking, could I just tell them it’s part of my outfit if they try to make me take it off? 🤔😂

Ohhhh you go to a college now?

Well yes, not only would it be part of your outfit, it’s for protection of yourself and others
It should be mandatory tbh, I wouldn’t trust anyone in my class anyway.
People I urge you to overcome social anxiety.
Wear a mask - trust me.
You will get more anxiety knowing that you could pass it on to a
senior member of your household.
Plus think about it, it was government guidelines - you can still wear a mask - if the school doesn't let you, they can't exactly force you to take it off due to social distancing.
Totally agreed with you, i am ordering fake glasses from amazon as we speak

Original post by Anonymous
does face covering include wearing glasses? Because virus can get into eyes so just covering mouth alone is not good enough.
Ohhhh you go to a college now?

Well yes, not only would it be part of your outfit, it’s for protection of yourself and others

Yup, I’m in sixth form. My school really doesn’t have a dress code so I’m sure I could use it lol. Yes, but my school seem to have told us that we have to take our masks off when we walk into school, which is dumb and I don’t want to lol
Don't do that. They can't force you due to social distancing, and plus you can say your shielding.
Yup, I’m in sixth form. My school really doesn’t have a dress code so I’m sure I could use it lol. Yes, but my school seem to have told us that we have to take our masks off when we walk into school, which is dumb and I don’t want to lol

If there was a way to complain to ofsted.....
🤔🤔
Original post by Destinex
Don't do that. They can't force you due to social distancing, and plus you can say your shielding.

Oohhhh very very good idea. Thank you 😄
If there was a way to complain to ofsted.....
🤔🤔

Lol, wouldn’t want to tarnish the school’s current outstanding. Ngl I genuinely wouldn’t. I love my school but why on earth would they listen to Boris on this one 🤦*♀️
Lol, wouldn’t want to tarnish the school’s current outstanding. Ngl I genuinely wouldn’t. I love my school but why on earth would they listen to Boris on this one 🤦*♀️

People wearing mask causes a lack of interaction which IMO is bad for the school and bad for society in general........I was out last weekend in the city and people are becoming more rude during this outbreak:redface:
Original post by Goldie-Is-King
People wearing mask causes a lack of interaction which IMO is bad for the school and bad for society in general........I was out last weekend in the city and people are becoming more rude during this outbreak:redface:

What do you mean? Why would it cause a lack of interaction? I hate rude people 😤 I thought people were nicer because of Covid though. I’ve barely left the house though so I wouldn’t know 😂
Reply 56
Original post by Anonymous

It can get into your eyes, you’re right. However a face covering across the mouth stops the germs from your mouth spewing around the room onto surfaces and in the air... and in other people’s eyes. If everyone wore a mask, that’d be great!
@Goldie-Is-King
Human interaction is the reason for WW1, WW2, Vietnamese wars, every other war in history.
Human interaction is responsible for the very outbreak.
Human interaction is the reason why the planet won't be inhabitable for future generations.
Please stop discouraging face coverings on the internet, you are playing with people's lives here.
wearing a face mask reduces COVID-19 by 40% - (sc: Oxford University - the very Uni which is producing the vaccine)
I would love to wear a mask in school... but they’ve demanded we take them off in the building... very disappointed.
Original post by Destinex
@Goldie-Is-King
Human interaction is the reason for WW1, WW2, Vietnamese wars, every other war in history.
Human interaction is responsible for the very outbreak.
Human interaction is the reason why the planet won't be inhabitable for future generations.
Please stop discouraging face coverings on the internet, you are playing with people's lives here.
wearing a face mask reduces COVID-19 by 40% - (sc: Oxford University - the very Uni which is producing the vaccine)

never said dont wear a mask:s-smilie: if it makes sense..........wearing it on the beach not so much
I think people have become too obsessive over corvid and forgotten other things in life....i suffer from anxiety pretty bad so I have not wore a mask outside if someone hates me for it so be it

right logging off too many morons here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending