The Student Room Group

A Level distance learning

What are your thoughts on Oxford Open Learning?
I have started a distance learning course with Open Study College and I am not happy with course materials I received so I want to make sure I chose right this time.
Original post by torip
I have started a distance learning course with Open Study College and I am not happy with course materials I received so I want to make sure I chose right this time.

I cannot comment on other distance learning providers but I would recommend you do your research. For example, look into what a provider can offer should exams be cancelled in the future. This year we were able to provide centre-assessed grades to eligible students because the National Extension College is also a registered exam centre. Also look at the kinds of support you will receive, and compare the study materials between providers.

If you would like to learn more about the National Extension College, feel free to visit our website: https://www.nec.ac.uk/

Best wishes,
Charlotte
Original post by torip

You might want to ask them to provide a sample so you can assess and compare their notes or talk to an ex student.
problem with online providers and TSR, they never id themselves and then as soon as the results come out they vanish, so we have a paucity of information of the pros and cons of each.

For certain subjects I would consider teaching myself and supplementing with a tutor if needs be.
Reply 3
Personally I think it depends what exactly you want to study. After looking at sample etc I chose NEC but while I think theirs Maths a level is good, and they’re the only place that offered further Maths, I wish I’d chosen somewhere else for Physics as frankly it’s dreadful.
Reply 4
Original post by am3rose
Personally I think it depends what exactly you want to study. After looking at sample etc I chose NEC but while I think theirs Maths a level is good, and they’re the only place that offered further Maths, I wish I’d chosen somewhere else for Physics as frankly it’s dreadful.

I'm thinking of studying A level Law
Reply 5
Original post by torip

were there any pre recorded video lectures ? or just pdf notes ? i am searching for one with video tutorials

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending