The Student Room Group

Finance for psych degree (2nd degree)

I want to study psychology, and providing i get in, what does student finance cover on a second degree? Im aware i will get no maintenance loan but would it still cover the full tuition price as it did for my first course?
Adding to that, any tips/insight on how it is living with no maintenance loan would be great
Original post by azziew
I want to study psychology, and providing i get in, what does student finance cover on a second degree? Im aware i will get no maintenance loan but would it still cover the full tuition price as it did for my first course?
Adding to that, any tips/insight on how it is living with no maintenance loan would be great

Hi there,

Psychology is only an exception when studied part-time.

So, if you decide to study Psychology part-time you'll be entitled to the Tuition Fee Loan. And, so long as the course isn't distance learning, you should get a Maintenance Loan too.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Psychology is only an exception when studied part-time.

So, if you decide to study Psychology part-time you'll be entitled to the Tuition Fee Loan. And, so long as the course isn't distance learning, you should get a Maintenance Loan too.

Thanks, Graeme

What counts as distance learning? On the nhs website i found it said that there is no maintenance loan so i intended to study part time anyways so id have time to work and cover bills
Original post by azziew

Hi there, where are you looking to study the course and is it at a part time level? Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending