The Student Room Group

Why so many extension of postgrad application deadlines this year?

Many universities have extended their deadlines for postgraduate courses until the end of August this year.

Is this because they are backlogged, or is it more likely that they don’t have enough applicants/acceptances/international students? Or perhaps simply too many deferred candidates?

I’m interested in what the oracle of TSR nerds think, as I can’t quite pinpoint it...
Could be because many universities have delayed postgraduate starts later into the autumn/winter. Also few universities had to push back award board dates for undergraduates thus delaying the "results day" for people.
Reply 2
I see. This year will make for some great statistics in future.
Original post by Historydude
Many universities have extended their deadlines for postgraduate courses until the end of August this year.

Is this because they are backlogged, or is it more likely that they don’t have enough applicants/acceptances/international students? Or perhaps simply too many deferred candidates?

I’m interested in what the oracle of TSR nerds think, as I can’t quite pinpoint it...

Backlog.

Sorting out current students over Easter, teaching in the 3rd term online, resolving exam issues, supporting people having to substantially revise Masters dissertations and delay PhDs etc has all taken staff time.

Plus, because applicants have had similar problems, they aren't getting the necessary documentation in the same timelines. If they can't complete degrees until later, the whole process has to be delayed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending