The Student Room Group

Getting Stretch Marks On Stomach

Scroll to see replies

Im 19, have had stretch marks since i was 13, what really helped fade mine is moisturising my skin after a shower every day. It seems time consuming at the start, but trust me, it will make your skin so much smoother and much more even, and it becomes a routine after a while that you dont even have to think twice about doing. Regardless, stretch marks are nothing to worry about
Original post by Anonymous
Im 19, have had stretch marks since i was 13, what really helped fade mine is moisturising my skin after a shower every day. It seems time consuming at the start, but trust me, it will make your skin so much smoother and much more even, and it becomes a routine after a while that you dont even have to think twice about doing. Regardless, stretch marks are nothing to worry about

Where Do You Have Yours (If I May Ask) ? And Currently I Use Bio-Oil. I've Been Using It For About 3 Weeks Now. I Can't Tell If It's Working Or Not. It's Just So Annoying Because People Always Assume I Was Obese And/Or Have Had A Child. :dong: Which I'm Neither...
Where Do You Have Yours (If I May Ask) ? And Currently I Use Bio-Oil. I've Been Using It For About 3 Weeks Now. I Can't Tell If It's Working Or Not. It's Just So Annoying Because People Always Assume I Was Obese And/Or Have Had A Child. :dong: Which I'm Neither...

Aww im sorry you feel that way. Im sure youre lovely. I have mine on the back of my thighs, above my knees, on my breasts, my butt and my hips. Mine were pretty noticeable a few years ago but none of the guys I was intimate with had a problem with it, in fact one of them actually liked my stretch marks lol!

I have tried bio oil but it doesnt really work for me, so I just use any deep moisturing unscented lotions.
This is the one im currently using: https://www.boots.com/neutrogena-norwegian-formula-deep-moistuire-body-lotion-for-sensitive-skin-400ml-10145958?cm_mmc=bmm-buk-google-ppc-_-PLAs_HeroCompare-_-Neutrogena+Norwegian+Formula-_-Boots+Shopping+-+Category+-+Beauty+-+Desktop&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpZT5BRCdARIsAGEX0zlVApdz8UViYRbvZiNEVQdlK1nUwbxx5-r0nXqIJk63ZsY8mcM0VDMaAvIvEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
I tried to post but its getting moderated, so im posting the same message again:

Aww im sorry you feel that way. Im sure youre lovely. I have mine on the back of my thighs, above my knees, on my breasts, my butt and my hips. Mine were pretty noticeable a few years ago but none of the guys I was intimate with had a problem with it, in fact one of them actually liked my stretch marks lol!

I have tried bio oil but it doesnt really work for me, so I just use any deep moisturing unscented lotions. The one im using now is by neutrogena.
I tried to post but its getting moderated, so im posting the same message again:

I have tried bio oil but it doesnt really work for me, so I just use any deep moisturing unscented lotions. The one im using now is by neutrogena.

This was in response to this btw!!!! :

Am a guy.
We often get stretch marks on shoulders and stuff, especially if we work out.
So no i dont think we would mind.

A Guy Really Said He Likes Them? And What Was The Neutrogena For? Like What Does The Bottle Say Or Can You Attach A Photo? Thanks!
Am a guy.
We often get stretch marks on shoulders and stuff, especially if we work out.
So no i dont think we would mind.

Do You MInd??
A Guy Really Said He Likes Them? And What Was The Neutrogena For? Like What Does The Bottle Say Or Can You Attach A Photo? Thanks!

Yeah it baffled me when he said he liked them but everyone has their preferences lol. I tried linking it but it didn't work. It's called "Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Moisture Body Lotion" - if you search that up on Google, it will come up. You can actually use any kind of deep moisturising cream, that one just happens to be what I'm using currently. It's just a moisturiser, nothing special, but you have to be consistent with it and it does take a long time for them to fade, I'm talking months to years.
Oh. Ok. I'm Sorry For Him. Is He Insecure About Them? Is He Buff?

Completely unbothered by them. He has a lot of muscle but does have some excess fat - his main interest is in lifting heavy weights and he's seems happy as he has the body he needs to lift 240kg.
You don’t just get them because you’re ‘fat’. They’re a normal part of life that everyone gets but everyone gets them in different places
It’s completely normal to have stretch marks! But if you want to get rid of them or lessen them as much as possible, I’d recommend bio oil. It is a little expensive but it works really well. There’s almost 500 reviews for it as well so you can take a look at those if you want to be sure. I’ll leave a link for it here :smile:

https://www.boots.com/bio-oil-200ml-for-scars-stretch-marks-and-dehydrated-skin-10072167?cm_mmc=bmm-buk-google-ppc-_-PLAs_HeroCompare-_-Bio+Oil-_-Boots+Shopping+-+Category+-+Baby+-+Mobile&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjPqkmKf86gIVVe3tCh0COwPjEAUYASABEgJc_fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Yeah it baffled me when he said he liked them but everyone has their preferences lol. I tried linking it but it didn't work. It's called "Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Moisture Body Lotion" - if you search that up on Google, it will come up. You can actually use any kind of deep moisturising cream, that one just happens to be what I'm using currently. It's just a moisturiser, nothing special, but you have to be consistent with it and it does take a long time for them to fade, I'm talking months to years.

I Really Don't Know If I CAn Use A Product For That Long. Thank You For tThe Recommendation Tho
Original post by Compost
Completely unbothered by them. He has a lot of muscle but does have some excess fat - his main interest is in lifting heavy weights and he's seems happy as he has the body he needs to lift 240kg.

Well Its Good To Know He Isnt Worried About Them. And WOW, He Lifts 240kg Or Thats His Goal?
Well Its Good To Know He Isnt Worried About Them. And WOW, He Lifts 240kg Or Thats His Goal?

He could already deadlift 240kg and he managed a 240kg squat for the first time on Friday, hence it was on my mind (as he wouldn't shut up about it!)
You don’t just get them because you’re ‘fat’. They’re a normal part of life that everyone gets but everyone gets them in different places

Yeah, I Know Its Just Odd Because From All Of The Articles Ive Read It Says You Get Them From Being Pregnant, Obese, Or Puberty. And I Just Randomly Got them And Puberty For Me Was Minimal, I Didn't Even Grow An Inch. ?
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
It’s completely normal to have stretch marks! But if you want to get rid of them or lessen them as much as possible, I’d recommend bio oil. It is a little expensive but it works really well. There’s almost 500 reviews for it as well so you can take a look at those if you want to be sure. I’ll leave a link for it here :smile:

https://www.boots.com/bio-oil-200ml-for-scars-stretch-marks-and-dehydrated-skin-10072167?cm_mmc=bmm-buk-google-ppc-_-PLAs_HeroCompare-_-Bio+Oil-_-Boots+Shopping+-+Category+-+Baby+-+Mobile&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjPqkmKf86gIVVe3tCh0COwPjEAUYASABEgJc_fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Yes, Ive Been Using Bio-Oil Actually.
Original post by Compost
He could already deadlift 240kg and he managed a 240kg squat for the first time on Friday, hence it was on my mind (as he wouldn't shut up about it!)

Wow Thats Incredible! He Is Strong! 240 kg is 550 ibs.
Wow Thats Incredible! He Is Strong! 240 kg is 550 ibs.

Worth a few stretch marks in his opinion - as the stretch marks I got having kids are also worth it*. I think almost everyone must have them but people rarely notice when they fade to silver.

* I got some in my teens on my thighs too, I'd honestly forgotten about them
(edited 3 years ago)
U shouldn’t be ashamed or insecure about your stretch marks, a lot of people have them, they can be from weight gain or weight loss so u could just consistently moisturise and try to have a balanced diet + go to the gym. U can get them removed but I have only had them for a little while and when they appeared I just moisturised and they went a few weeks later.
Original post by Compost
Worth a few stretch marks in his opinion - as the stretch marks I got having kids are also worth it*. I think almost everyone must have them but people rarely notice when they fade to silver.

* I got some in my teens on my thighs too, I'd honestly forgotten about them

He's Awesome! And Thanks For Your Continous Responses. Your SO Kind. I Guess You Are Right, They Will Fade With Time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending