The Student Room Group

Students in Northern universities

I was just wondering, are northern universities filled with northerners or are there lots of southerners and international students.
Reply 1
I'd assume there would be a different groups of people there (not a university student).
Original post by alexanders0051
I was just wondering, are northern universities filled with northerners or are there lots of southerners and international students.

Hi @alexanders0051

In my experience at Hull, it's been really varied :smile:

I have worked in groups projects with students from all over the worlds- Hull has lots of partner universities overseas so often international students will visit for a semester of an academic year. There is also plenty of northen students who live locally and those who come from around the surrounding areas (York, Leeds, Scunthorpe, Doncaster)- this may be due to the university having engaged with these students through school visits etc. Finally I also found there to be a lot of students from around London, this may be due to the affordability of Hull (especially in comparison to university's further south).

I hope this helps,
Millie
Student Rep
Original post by alexanders0051

Hey!

We have 15% of our students joining us from more than 130 different countries, so there's a diverse mix of people from different backgrounds, faiths, nationalities and ages all sharing the close-knit City Campus :smile:

Becky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending