The Student Room Group

I'm blind AMA

Scroll to see replies

I know this might be a dumb question if it's blindness from birth, but is it just black or is there nothing at all? Do you even know what black looks like? Again sorry for the questions, I know it might be a stupid question but it's something I will never understand.
Original post by RichPiana
I know this might sound weird but can you see things when you’re dreaming?

Sometimes, but not well, it's usually the same as when in awake. Sometimes I get a slightly weird throw back to when I had better vision.
Original post by Tinders
Were you born blind? Or was it something that was onset as you ag

I have been registered blind for the past 5 years, before that I was partially sighted from birth. I have always used a cane and learned braille as a child.
Original post by ChubbyWhubby
Do you have sixth sense like Dare Devil?

I wish!
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
If there was one thing you wished you could see what would it be

I get asked this a lot and I wish I had a better answer, but I'd like to be able to see to cook! I can cook, but obviously can't tell if things are done by colour and I end up burning myself a lot.
Original post by Anonymous
I get asked this a lot and I wish I had a better answer, but I'd like to be able to see to cook! I can cook, but obviously can't tell if things are done by colour and I end up burning myself a lot.

Aw naw you're too cute awww

:hugs:I inserted a hugging emoji
Original post by Deggs_14
What do you consider as beauty?

I like things which feel symmetrical
I wish!

How old are you?
Original post by Vanessa Chuah
why are you on anon? were you born blind?

I'm anon because I give advice on here, which hopefully helps people and I don't want them to think less of me or that my advice is less valid because I am blind.
I was born partially sighted, but my site has deteriorated and I am now registered blind.
Original post by xkay29
What career sector do you work in, and do you have any more issues doing your job than a sighted person would have? Is there any job you really wanted to do, but couldn't due to being blind? Sorry if I come across as rude, simply curious what day to day life is like for a blind person!

I'm a primary school teacher, which is what I always wanted and hoped I could do. I have a reader to help me read children's work and do admin, but other than that the children are pretty great at adapting to how I teach them.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
If given the choice, would you want the ability see? ( lets say that theres a magical procedure invented, no pain or risks )

Yes, although I think it would be quite scary as well!
Original post by 2_versions
I know this might be a dumb question if it's blindness from birth, but is it just black or is there nothing at all? Do you even know what black looks like? Again sorry for the questions, I know it might be a stupid question but it's something I will never understand.

I have been partially sighted from birth, now blind. I can see light, darn and blurs of colours. Very few blind people actually seen complete blackness. I don't know how they would think of colour!
How old are you?

Yes definitely. Although I would be quite nervous about it! Everything would be very different.

Do you plan on being in matrimony and having kids?
Do you view yourself as having an illness or disability?
Do you plan on being in matrimony and having kids?

Yes, I hope so. The having kids part could be a challenge! I know a few people who are blind and have had children so I know it's possible!
Reply 57
How has life changed for those around you, your parents / family / partner etc
Does bad spelling anoy you?
Yes, I hope so. The having kids part could be a challenge! I know a few people who are blind and have had children so I know it's possible!

Yeah you should be fine. You're 25. So still relatively young, and have plenty of time, before settling down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending