The Student Room Group

Beginning of year 11.

I’m going to be in year 11 soon in a couple a weeks and I’m not sure if I should do something before that like prepare. Should I already be revising and any tips for the start of year 11? And what I should know before going into year 11?
Reply 1
I actually wouldn’t advise doing lots of work over the holidays. You’ll need to work really hard when you start year 11 so it’s best to relax bow so you can feel refreshed for going back to school.

In terms of getting top grades, I’d say the most important thing will be to get into a good study routine after the summer. You should set yourself a set number of hours that your going to study for after school and at weekends which can include both homework and revision.

Personally, I’d say 2.5 hours on a school night and 6 hours over the weekend is a good place to start in September. This can then increase to 3.5 hours a night during the week and 10 hours at weekends in March. The key thing though is that this time needs to be non-negotiable- treat your study time like a job. You shouldn’t be making up excuses to avoid doing your revision.

I’d also say to set an ambitious but achievable goal for your grades right at the start of the year. Write it down and stick it above your study area- this will be a great motivation to work hard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending