The Student Room Group

anyone else completely sick of their parents and want to move to uni NOW

Why is it the last month of me being at home is literally the worst with me and my parents. Im 18, only child waiting for my uni to start in Sept. I need to go now :frown:((( They are literally nagging me now more than ever, they are just being moody for no good reason. Also theyre just so controlling i just feel them getting involved with everything. Like they take my phone away ect and always checking up on me. I feel claustrophobic in the flat with the two of them. Its just emotionally draining too, i'm dying to go uni to get away from them, but then I better not miss them when i'm gone. but these last few weeks have been so stressful between us that im thinking maybe i wont miss them.
Reply 1
The Story of my lifeee, I take her home, I'll drive all night to keep her waaaarm and time, is frooooozenn
Hold on, you're almost there! Maybe you should take some breaks instead of spending so much time at home, for example go stay with friends or family for a few weeks.
Chances are, your parents are acting like this because they are apprehensive of your move to university, and don't know how to handle their emotions and last few weeks with you. Maybe if you talk to them and tell them that you want your last weeks with them to be enjoyable and fun rather than tense?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending