The Student Room Group

Marital declaration form

Hi,
I had a change of circumstances where I am no longer living with someone and I am a single parent. I put in the marital declaration form but every evidence I am providing isn’t being accepted. I put in the council tax form however it doesn’t have single occupancy 25% discount as I don’t pay anything as it is just me. So that isn’t accepted and everything else I have tried they’ve just asked for more. They’ve now given me the complete lower rate and said I won’t be receiving anything in January because of this but I’m a single parent how am I meant to pay my bills? What else can I use as evidence or is there someone I can talk to about this
Thankyou
Original post by Jodietay30
Hi,
I had a change of circumstances where I am no longer living with someone and I am a single parent. I put in the marital declaration form but every evidence I am providing isn’t being accepted. I put in the council tax form however it doesn’t have single occupancy 25% discount as I don’t pay anything as it is just me. So that isn’t accepted and everything else I have tried they’ve just asked for more. They’ve now given me the complete lower rate and said I won’t be receiving anything in January because of this but I’m a single parent how am I meant to pay my bills? What else can I use as evidence or is there someone I can talk to about this
Thankyou

Hi Jodie,

Are the household bills in your name? For example, do you have utility bills and a tenancy or mortgage agreement in your name?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Jodie,

Are the household bills in your name? For example, do you have utility bills and a tenancy or mortgage agreement in your name?

Thanks, Graeme

I have sent the utility bills in my name but I can’t send tenancy as it’s never changed as he never became a tenant so it is dated before the breakup happened. I have sent in my Universal Credit claim, household bills in my name, council tax form and emails from the council but the assessors have said they want solicitors confirmation but I’ve never been married?
Hi,
Thankyou

Hi Jodie, I'm very sorry about this. What evidence have you managed to send so far? Is your rent/mortgage agreement in your own name? Thanks, Ross
Reply 4
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi Jodie, I'm very sorry about this. What evidence have you managed to send so far? Is your rent/mortgage agreement in your own name? Thanks, Ross

My rent agreement is however the date is 2019 as it’s never changed. I’ve sent council tax letter but because it shows class n exemption and not 25% discount they won’t accept it, 4 different bills, Universal credit information, and 3 different emails from the council stating the dates when my ex moved in and when moved out. They have said they aren’t assessing my evidence now until the 10th January I just don’t know what else to send if they don’t accept this
I have sent the utility bills in my name but I can’t send tenancy as it’s never changed as he never became a tenant so it is dated before the breakup happened. I have sent in my Universal Credit claim, household bills in my name, council tax form and emails from the council but the assessors have said they want solicitors confirmation but I’ve never been married?

Hi Jodie,

I'd advise to send a detailed cover letter explaining the evidence you have sent and the reasoning for not having the standard evidence. There is no guarantee with that unfortunately but if it is explained there can be some exceptions. Thanks, Ross
Reply 6
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi Jodie,

I'd advise to send a detailed cover letter explaining the evidence you have sent and the reasoning for not having the standard evidence. There is no guarantee with that unfortunately but if it is explained there can be some exceptions. Thanks, Ross

But I don’t understand what I am suppose to do? I’m a single parent and literally won’t be able to pay my bills because of my money stopping. I would have to drop out of my final year at uni how is it so confusing and hard after all the evidence I have supplied. I have given all evidence asked but because it is not what they want it isn’t enough. My council tax is exemption N because I am the only one living there and don’t pay a thing. The email from the council even explains this and yet they aren’t accepting it. They have said about getting something from a solicitor but I’ve never been married nor do I have the money
My rent agreement is however the date is 2019 as it’s never changed. I’ve sent council tax letter but because it shows class n exemption and not 25% discount they won’t accept it, 4 different bills, Universal credit information, and 3 different emails from the council stating the dates when my ex moved in and when moved out. They have said they aren’t assessing my evidence now until the 10th January I just don’t know what else to send if they don’t accept this

Hi Jodie.

I'd advise to contact us directly either via the live chat on your online account or by calling 0300 100 0607 and speak with one of our advisors regarding the evidence. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending