The Student Room Group

Anything I can do for my teeth

So my 4 front teeth are horrible
They all have massive holes between them and are so so sensitive and I’m so insecure I cry about them everyday every night whne I brush my teeth I even have dreams about people bullying me about them ...
It’s got to the point where I hate my self over them
I’m 20 I don’t drink fizzy drinks brush my teeth everyday of course and they are just getting worse
Maybe it’s because I am taking steroids I’m on inhalers for my asthma could this be a possibility
Anyway I need help I want to get them sorted but have no money at all
I don’t work and am in universal credit where can I get help..
U could just try teeth whitening products/ the best thing to do is to save up and then u can afford to get them sorted. It’s not just fizzy drinks, cut down caffeine/ stop having sweets etc or limit them. U should just look for a job there is not much more u can do.
Original post by Anonymous
They all have massive holes between them and are so so sensitive and I’m so insecure I cry about them everyday every night whne I brush my teeth I even have dreams about people bullying me about them ...
I’m 20 I don’t drink fizzy drinks brush my teeth everyday of course and they are just getting worse
Maybe it’s because I am taking steroids I’m on inhalers for my asthma could this be a possibility

I’d recommend seeing a dentist and asking what can be done.
Apply for a HC1 form and then you can get dental treatment for free. Or at least significantly reduced! Talk to the job centre and they should be able to give you one :smile:
U could just try teeth whitening products

If you have sensitive teeth, I would strongly advise against using whitening products. I would suggest making an appointment with a dentist for a check up in the first instance and then going from there.
@smileveneers? I keep seeing them on tik tok. I mean I know some people won't find them ideal but it's worth a look? Also universal credit-are you not eligible for free dentist work? If you can prove you have no money i'm sure it's free
First and foremost, you can apply for the HC1 form which is the NHS's Low Income scheme which subsidises partially or fully the cost of dental treatment for those on low incomes. Once you have this sorted, see your dentist.

You say you have "black holes" - do you mean this literally or do you mean you have large gaps spatially between your teeth? If it's the former, then I'd advise you strongly to see your dentist as soon as possible as it could be tooth decay which needs to be treated before it progresses into a larger problem.

Do not try teeth whitening as someone poorly advised above - this will make your teeth even more sensitive.

Your asthma is unrelated to your tooth sensitivity.

Whilst it's great that you refrain from fizzy drinks and brush your teeth, you need to get detailed and personalised oral hygiene instruction from your dentist - they can identify what you're doing well and pinpoint areas of improvement.
:five:
Yeah I saw your notification pop up whilst I was writing my response :lol: Hurry up and become a medical student so I can do the same :biggrin:

I don't see how this is even a question, go and see a dentist! Look at this website for help with costs https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/help-with-health-costs/get-help-with-dental-costs/
A few years ago I needed dental treatment and managed to claim back all the money.
Original post by Mesopotamian.
First and foremost, you can apply for the HC1 form which is the NHS's Low Income scheme which subsidises partially or fully the cost of dental treatment for those on low incomes. Once you have this sorted, see your dentist.

You say you have "black holes" - do you mean this literally or do you mean you have large gaps spatially between your teeth? If it's the former, then I'd advise you strongly to see your dentist as soon as possible as it could be tooth decay which needs to be treated before it progresses into a larger problem.

Do not try teeth whitening as someone poorly advised above - this will make your teeth even more sensitive.

Your asthma is unrelated to your tooth sensitivity.

Whilst it's great that you refrain from fizzy drinks and brush your teeth, you need to get detailed and personalised oral hygiene instruction from your dentist - they can identify what you're doing well and pinpoint areas of improvement.

Hiya Thansk for the Advice yes it is tooth decay and I’m kind scared of the dentist which I should’ve mentioned I don’t drink fizzy drinks stopped about it s year ago I eat healthy so it doesn’t make sense and I of course brush my teeth but I’ll look into the help I can get
Hiya Thansk for the Advice yes it is tooth decay and I’m kind scared of the dentist which I should’ve mentioned I don’t drink fizzy drinks stopped about it s year ago I eat healthy so it doesn’t make sense and I of course brush my teeth but I’ll look into the help I can get

No problem
Tooth decay can be caused by things other than fizzy drinks, such as biscuits, chocolates, sweets, sugar in juices, tea and coffee etc etc - the diet is crucial where tooth decay is involved which is why I recommend you see your dentist for personalised oral hygiene and diet advice. It’s also quite a long and slow process which evolves over years so it’s most likely your dietary habits previously which have led to your present decay.
Definitely try and see what help you can get, good luck :smile: What exactly about the dentist scares you?
(edited 3 years ago)
Cavities are permanently damaged areas in the hard surface of your teeth that develop into tiny openings or holes. Cavities are caused by a combination of factors, including bacteria in your mouth, frequent snacking, sipping sugary drinks and not cleaning your teeth well.
Enamel can repair itself by using minerals from saliva, and fluoride from toothpaste or other sources. You can also used braces or retainer for cover the teeth. Problems is that Over time enamel is weakened and destroyed, forming a cavity. A cavity is permanent damage that a dentist has to repair with a filling.
Reply 13
nice
Hello,I highly advise avoiding using whitening products if you have sensitive teeth. Must follow the following steps:u:se Antimicrobial Mouth RinseFocus on Fiber-Rich Fruits and VeggiesDrink Tea.<a href=

Quick Reply

Latest