The Student Room Group

Is it the end of the world if I can never pass maths?

Before someone comments saying “try retaking” I’ve been there and done that 9 times now and still can’t get it. It’s left me feeling so **** as I’m not stupid but maths is my weakest subject.

I just don’t know what to do with myself because I feel when I finish my degree nobody will hire me because of that 1 grade which I am 3 or 4 marks off passing every sing time. This year I did functional skills level 2 and still failed because apparently there’s not enough evidence, so it really feels the world is against me right now

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gillzy
Before someone comments saying “try retaking” I’ve been there and done that 9 times now and still can’t get it. It’s left me feeling so **** as I’m not stupid but maths is my weakest subject.

I just don’t know what to do with myself because I feel when I finish my degree nobody will hire me because of that 1 grade which I am 3 or 4 marks off passing every sing time. This year I did functional skills level 2 and still failed because apparently there’s not enough evidence, so it really feels the world is against me right now

Is this your maths GCSE or maths A level?
Reply 2
Original post by sally_1912
Is this your maths GCSE or maths A level?

GCSE
When you did revision did most of it consist of practice questions ? How much effort did you put in? How many questions did you do everyday and you need to do past paper after past paper after past paper after past paper
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by CalypsoXenoo
When you did revision did most of it consist of practice questions ? How much effort did you put in? How many questions did you do everyday and you need to do past paper after past paper after past paper after past paper

Do you want me to name every singe module I did revision on?
Reply 5
Original post by Gillzy

heyy
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by ypy789
heyy I got a 9 in maths IGCSE and my advice is just do past paper. The more you do it the more you will feel relived after completing one q. I'm not trying to brag or anything I truly just wish I could help you. Ask me if you have any questions ! x

As I said im not resitting but thanks anyways.
do you have dyscalculia?
Reply 8
you are just not trying hard enough and try to work on your attitude towards the subject first then look for solutions. just put this in your head like, if you don't pass maths then it will be tge end of the world for you, then try to deal with that thought. i have always hated maths all my life and sajd maths wasn't meant for me because i was failing the subject, but believe me, right now am taking maths as my major course in the university, it's not easy but I love what I do, and am glad I chose maths its one of the greatest subject when you take it as your best friend!!
Original post by Gillzy

No thanks.. but can I ask if you’re not resitting then what are you’re plans from here ? I don’t care if you’ve resat 9 times, 15 times 20 times you WILL pass
Reply 10
Original post by CalypsoXenoo
No thanks.. but can I ask if you’re not resitting then what are you’re plans from here ? I don’t care if you’ve resat 9 times, 15 times 20 times you WILL pass

Im going to uni as it doesnt require maths and im guaranteed a placement but im just afraid for after.
Have you actually resat 9 times?
Reply 12
Original post by Angelic Roar
Have you actually resat 9 times?

Yes.
Original post by Gillzy
Yes.

If you got into that degree without it, then I doubt they will care when they’re hiring
You just need to pull yourself up and do lots of revision for example: do notes for each topic on one jotter and then try some exercises from a textbook or past paper on a separate jotter.
Original post by zaydd
you are just not trying hard enough

I think this is a bit insensitive - some people put in their best efforts but still struggle to make the grade
Reply 16
i know but if you make yourself aware of the need of passing the subject, you might change your grade even if its not the highest grade but something that you can be proud of
Original post by Gillzy
Im going to uni as it doesnt require maths and im guaranteed a placement but im just afraid for after.

Well if you wanna retake again look up subliminal on YouTube.. and use one for maths .. to give you a more mathematical brain and if you do end up using them be use to pick one with lots of positive comments ONLY .. good luck
Original post by zaydd
i know but if you make yourself aware of the need of passing the subject, you might change your grade even if its not the highest grade but something that you can be proud of

I'm pretty sure the OP is aware of its possible importance hence their resitting several times, and this thread!
ck it out and if you have any questions message me on instagram. I am able to help with anything.

Original post by Gillzy
GCSE

Yes it is but I have a maths help page on instagram @mathshelp1729 . so If you need any help, don't hesitate, just message me on instagram and i will help you.

Quick Reply

Latest