The Student Room Group

I hate my school they ruined my life

ok so, just found out one of my class mate who failed her mocks (u) got put A* as her CAG because she got an offer from Oxbridge but I got E in my mock which is higher then hers got put E as my CAG. I believe this was done so the school seem "honest" so the students they lied to didn't get their grades moved down.
Reply 1
Original post by hekopc
ok so, just found out one of my class mate who failed her mocks (u) got put A* as her CAG because she got an offer from Oxbridge but I got E in my mock which is higher then hers got put E as my CAG. I believe this was done so the school seem "honest" so the students they lied to didn't get their grades moved down.

what can I do? this is very unfair. can I complain to ofquel without revealing my identity? cut my 2 siblings go there I don't want the teachers to hate them too
Original post by hekopc
what can I do? this is very unfair. can I complain to ofquel without revealing my identity? cut my 2 siblings go there I don't want the teachers to hate them too

Wow that is really unfair. I’m not sure you can do anything though.. maybe send an anonymous email to the school? Report the school somehow ? Make sure you have evidence though. Even if you do all this I’m not sure if they’d raise your grade. Your classmate didn’t deserve to get that a* but neither do you, you both failed
Sorry to hear that. My school ruined my offer too. I have to take a gap year now. My friends who were doing the same level as me got predicted higher. Teachers have favourites. It really sucks cuz if I had done the exams myself I would’ve got into uni.
Reply 4
Original post by CalypsoXenoo
Wow that is really unfair. I’m not sure you can do anything though.. maybe send an anonymous email to the school? Report the school somehow ? Make sure you have evidence though. Even if you do all this I’m not sure if they’d raise your grade. Your classmate didn’t deserve to get that a* but neither do you, you both failed

my point why did they raise grades for some students and not for some. very unfair I am happy that she got into Cambridge but they could have gave me atleast a C...
Original post by Student+
Sorry to hear that. My school ruined my offer too. I have to take a gap year now. My friends who were doing the same level as me got predicted higher. Teachers have favourites. It really sucks cuz if I had done the exams myself I would’ve got into uni.

I can’t afford to take a gap year, the only options I have is to appeal or to retake my a level whilst I study.
Reply 6
Original post by hekopc
my point why did they raise grades for some students and not for some. very unfair I am happy that she got into Cambridge but they could have gave me atleast a C...

Same thing happened to me.
My grades: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=90342514&highlight=predicted%20grades
I also heard my classmate got an official A in art when she was predicted a B, and I was predicted an A* and CIE sent me a B. I have no idea what they're doing and it's really agitating, it's lower than both my mock exams and art certainly occupied 99.9% of my study time and now it's wasted along with bringing my other grades lower. The thing is that I know this girl knows a lady close to school authorities, and she's bad news. I'm guessing her results were tampered with.

I also thought it was insanely unfair when another one of my classmates had the same official CIE results as her mock 2 exams, but all my A's became Bs and Cs.
Original post by hekopc

I agree it’s really unfair but wherever you end up you’re meant to be there. You’d have a worse time being where you’re not meant to be than where you are meant to be. It’s hard to accept especially when ur heart wishes u were where u wanted to be but try and be alright with it and good luck
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by hekopc

Ths same happened in my school but I got A in the mocks and got a B.All the oxbridge kids got in for their courses and the school made sure they did by disadvantaging everybody else.We need to get this sent to the exam boards and ofqual.Oh yeah and the stupid good for nothing government.
Appeal separately to the exam board on the basis of discrimination. This would need evidence, but it is better to go to them directly if this is the fault of the school. Have you questioned the subject leader about this?
Original post by hekopc

What grade do you think you deserved?
If she was such a poor student then how did she get an offer from Oxford?
Why not sit the exams?
How does someone get an offer from oxbridge with a U?
Original post by hekopc

Hey. You know what you need to do, you need to raise this with the exam board. Tell them the situation (and appeal on the grounds of discrimination) and at the same time appeal for your mock grade. The school have to allow you to appeal because it’s free. Then go from there. Good luck though
Reply 14
Original post by Angelic Roar
How does someone get an offer from oxbridge with a U?

she got all 9s in her GCSEs. she was really good at gcses, if she got into Oxford from her gcses she 100000000% deserved it but its Alevels now and the fact is she was struggling throughout the year by doing absolutely no work, yes she is very clever but if she put no work into revising and doing work ans getting straight Es and Ds and Us every test. but teachers can't be like i'll predict you A*s.... its very unfair on students that are average and are working their butts off to scrape Bs and Cs and As on other tests only to be predicted Ds by one mock exam where the grade boundaries where risen because some people cheated.

Quick Reply

Latest