The Student Room Group

Discharge

Hi! So this might be a little bit of a weird question, but what is vaginal discharge meant to smell like? And what colour is it meant to be? Mine is clear sometimes but yellowish other times and I was wondering if this was normal?
The colour sounds normal, it’s meant to be white/clear/cream coloured. Smell can be normal as well as it is literally bacteria being cleaned out! If it’s very strong you could get it checked but don’t be embarrassed!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
The colour sounds normal, it’s meant to be white/clear/cream coloured. Smell can be normal as well as it is literally bacteria being cleaned out! If it’s very strong you could get it checked but don’t be embarrassed!

Ok, thank you so much! That reassures me a little bit. I wanted to make sure that I wasn’t going to the doctor for nothing before making an appointment though. I don’t want them to just say why did you come. It’s normal 😂 what kind of smell is normal? Mine smells kind of sour like vinegar? Is that ok? Sorry if it’s tmi 😬
Ok, thank you so much! That reassures me a little bit. I wanted to make sure that I wasn’t going to the doctor for nothing before making an appointment though. I don’t want them to just say why did you come. It’s normal 😂 what kind of smell is normal? Mine smells kind of sour like vinegar? Is that ok? Sorry if it’s tmi 😬

The pH of the vagina is acidic so the scent of vinegar is common! It all depends how strong it is though, because the smell is normal unless its at a point where its very strong and overwhelming- but it should be okay if its only noticable when you try to tell :smile:
Reply 4
The pH of the vagina is acidic so the scent of vinegar is common! It all depends how strong it is though, because the smell is normal unless its at a point where its very strong and overwhelming- but it should be okay if its only noticable when you try to tell :smile:

Ok, great! It sounds like I’m normal then 😅 I only notice it when I try to tell. Thank you so much for your help!!! :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest