The Student Room Group

insecure about under garments/pubic area

This is a little personal and may sound gross if you don't experience it too, but I always have light brown-ish stains on my underwear and it makes me feel ashamed and embarrased.

I doubt what it is all the time as I shower daily and have good general personal hygiene, thus it frustrates me when I always stain new underwear. I am afraid to let people to get close to me romantically over this, as I fear they may see and think I am gross or something.
It's something that I am very insecure about because sometimes I start to question my hygiene, idk what do to.
Reply 1
Brown stains as in poo?
Reply 2
Original post by black tea
Brown stains as in poo?

don't think so as its not at the back of underwear, rather in the middle :/
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
don't think so as its not at the back of underwear, rather in the middle :/

Is it vaginal discharge? Has it always been that colour? Normal discharge is usually clear/white in colour so if things have changed or you have other symptoms with it like unusual smell etc., you might want to get it checked out. Have you tried pantyliners?
Reply 4
Original post by black tea
Is it vaginal discharge? Has it always been that colour? Normal discharge is usually clear/white in colour so if things have changed or you have other symptoms with it like unusual smell etc., you might want to get it checked out. Have you tried pantyliners?

i considered the possibility that it may be discharge, but as you mentioned, that would be more clear in colour. I think it could be sweat? One time I did a sweaty workout and came back to shower, only to see my new underwear had become stained, i was so annoyed.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
i considered the possibility that it may be discharge, but as you mentioned, that would be more clear in colour. I think it could be sweat? One time I did a sweaty workout and came back to shower, only to see my new underwear had become stained, i was so annoyed.

Sweat isn't brown in colour and probably would be in a different distribution on your underwear (i.e. the leg area)
What colour is your underwear to begin with? Some of my black pants are kinda reddish-brown bleached at the middle area from period stains and then stain remover.
Reply 7
Original post by c.ya.space.c0w
What colour is your underwear to begin with? Some of my black pants are kinda reddish-brown bleached at the middle area from period stains and then stain remover.

mine are white :/ I'm going to opt for darker colours next time

Quick Reply

Latest