The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

City University of London REVIEW

Scroll to see replies

Hi, have they finally confirmed your registration?? Because they aren’t answering any emails and I’m starting to get stressed out
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, have they finally confirmed your registration?? Because they aren’t answering any emails and I’m starting to get stressed out

Original post by SelwanBadawy
i’m doing econ too!!!! are you guys on the group chats??have you received ur registration emails?? there’s an error with mine but no ones picking up the phone or replying to emails

Hi, have they confirmed your stage 2 registration?? Because they’re still not responding to any emails
I haven’t had stage 2 confirmed either first stage, yeah and activated IT acc. sent off my passport but nothing back.
I found someone on my course and they haven’t even got the registration email yet and no one replied to them

Hi, have they confirmed your stage 2 registration?? Because they’re still not responding to any emails
My friends got their registration confirmed but I still haven't got mine back yet. I think they'll be slowly coming in this month so don't worry

I’m doing psychology and haven’t received any email whatsoever. I’m kinda worried but i’m trying to be patient, i think there is still a few weeks to start.
Original post by AndiKrasniqi
I haven’t had stage 2 confirmed either first stage, yeah and activated IT acc. sent off my passport but nothing back.
I found someone on my course and they haven’t even got the registration email yet and no one replied to them

Wow that is so weird, they’re not even responding to anyone and leaving everyone confused. I wonder if all unis are doing this. They haven’t even given a timetable yet either
Wow that is so weird, they’re not even responding to anyone and leaving everyone confused. I wonder if all unis are doing this. They haven’t even given a timetable yet either

Hi. I've got the same problem too. Have you found any economics gc yet? Cheers
Reply 27
Hi, are there any WhatsApp Gc for city?
Original post by IBBY12
Hi, are there any WhatsApp Gc for city?

Yeah. On FB, but i think they might be full
Reply 29
Original post by Ibs Hoolash
Yeah. On FB, but i think they might be full

Thanks. Yh I think it’s full too. My request is still pending.
Original post by Missvo59
I didnt think it was boring esp because I was pretty familiar with it. I had some decent lecturer that gave us loads of resources to practice from so it made revision for stats or maths pretty easy for me

do you remember the name of the lecturer u had by any chance?
do you remember the name of the lecturer u had by any chance?

I don’t remember my math lecturers name but i believe my first terms stats lecturer was dr suzidelyte
Do you guys have your lecturers names yet? I may know some of them and can tell you about their teaching style
Do you guys have your lecturers names yet? I may know some of them and can tell you about their teaching style

it says on the city timetable page that we get to build our own timetable.

Are we not supposed to be sent our timetable? How are 1st year students supposed to know how to do that?

I literally got my timetable emailed to me 3 days before classes started. But some of the class times didnt work for me because i worked part time in the evenings and had to leave early. So i went on the hub and built a timetable that worked for me.

Just select the modules you’re taking and you’ll get a list of all your lectures and tutorial classes available. Attend whichever works for you. But sometimes they have attendance registers so only switch classes if you really have to - although I attended whichever tutorial I wanted and they didnt really check

Has your stage 2 online registration been verified yet?

yeah, it got verified on friday and w couple other people got theirs verified today but some haven’t gotten verified yet. i wouldn’t worry they’re just a bit slow

yeah, it got verified on friday and w couple other people got theirs verified today but some haven’t gotten verified yet. i wouldn’t worry they’re just a bit slow

I literally got my timetable emailed to me 3 days before classes started. But some of the class times didnt work for me because i worked part time in the evenings and had to leave early. So i went on the hub and built a timetable that worked for me.

Just select the modules you’re taking and you’ll get a list of all your lectures and tutorial classes available. Attend whichever works for you. But sometimes they have attendance registers so only switch classes if you really have to - although I attended whichever tutorial I wanted and they didnt really check

how many hours did you work per week and how was balancing ur studies, work life and social life?

how many hours did you work per week and how was balancing ur studies, work life and social life?

I worked about 12 hrs a week and that was on the weekdays after uni. My priority was my studies so if i had and exam or coursework coming up, I usually took that week off work so i had enough time to prepare. Also i surrounded myself with friends who worked hard to get the top grades so we usually spent our free time revising and writing notes on campus.

I wasn’t really into the SU life or parties if thats what youre asking about but i would go out with mates after uni or weekends to eat or cinema most weeks. Its definitely possible to enjoy time with friends outside of uni, work PT and get good grades but its all about how you can manage your time and motivate yourself. I set myself goals to keep on top of my studies and made sure that social events were postponed if we had deadlines or if i felt overwhelmed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending