The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

City University of London REVIEW

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I'm thinking of applying to City University of London for 2021, for an undergrad in Economics and Accounting, my current UCAS predicted grades are BBB, do I have a chance of getting an offer? And also, would you recommend City University of London for this course?
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Original post by Youdontneed2know
Hi, I'm thinking of applying to City University of London for 2021, for an undergrad in Economics and Accounting, my current UCAS predicted grades are BBB, do I have a chance of getting an offer? And also, would you recommend City University of London for this course?

Hey
I got into the economics course (same grades as economics and accounting i think) with grades BBD during clearing, this was when we were allocated grades by the silly algorithm. I'm not sure if this was because they were being more flexible due to corona or if they would have taken me any year.
When the government decided to go with teacher predictions my grades were then ABB so I asked if I could transfer to a course in the business school and despite their requirements being AAA they let me
So my advice would be for u to ask ur teacher to bump up one of ur grades and potentially apply for a course in the business school, you'll be surprised at how many more opportunities you'll have.
But bottom line is im pretty sure u have a good chance at getting an offer with those grades
Good luck!!
Original post by Youdontneed2know

I did Bsc Econ so cant speak about accounting but, I got ACC (predicted ABC) and that was enough for me to get into City.

City is great because it teaches you how to use Stata which is statstical software used by economist in their jobs day to day. Im not too sure if they still teach how to use stats in first year, maybe attend course open day and ask older students about this. But the maths and stats you learn will set you up for a good career in econ / stats or even finance

There’s lots if resources to help you graduate with a good grade. Im very glad to have graduated from City

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending