The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Chat Thread (2020-2021)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Becca216
I posted a link about this a while back, basically it is unofficially confirmed that Scottish GCSEs are going to be cancelled

Nothing about a levels?
Original post by ninja24
Nothing about a levels?

Scottish alevels (Highers) are expected to take place in a ‘modified format’ but nothing about English/welsh/Irish alevels as of yet...
Can you please go back to my last GYG as I have now told you the grades that I am aiming for as that might help you with a suggestion for a name for my next GYG? @5hyl33n @5hyl33n?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by laurawatt
Hi! I’m Laura :h:
> What are your hobbies/interests? I play a couple of musical instruments (not very well :tongue:), a few sports and I do church bellringing :smile:

> What are you currently studying? Maths, further maths and geography (all AQA) and the dreaded EPQ :lol:

> What grades do you hope to achieve? I mean A*A*A and A in EPQ would be the dream, but realistically I think all As would be the limit!

> If applicable, what universities/courses are you applying for? Maths :gah: maybe Nottingham, Loughborough, Oxford if I’m feeling brave :dontknow:

> How are you feeling about this year? A bit terrified ngl, I don’t feel prepared or grown up enough for Y13 and university stuff :hide:

> Got a GYG (grow your grades) blog? I’ll update this when I start my blog in a few days time, it will be my 4th :headfire:

Haha very similar to me!
Hobbies - as you said, i play some musical instruments (though I do go to a junior conservatoire 😂)
currently studying - maths further maths classics (edexcel for the maths, ocr for classics)
grades - hoping for A*A*A although Im having my UCAS predicted grade exams at this very moment, so i'll update if that changes at all 😂
courses/uni - Maths as well! :backstab:Im hoping for Oxford if these exams go to plan and my school can bring themselves to predict me A*A*A , but then Im also looking at Warwick, UCL, Lancaster.. and then maybe Glasgow to do maths with classics?
How am I feeling...? - Lowkey hope our exams get cancelled but also these exams go to plan, so that I can just sail away to Oxford :biggrin: I am insanely nervous though, seeing as I honestly didnt do much work during lockdown :unsure:
And no, no blog
there are boys near me watching football and I can't find my headphones. Send help
Original post by josie71202
there are boys near me watching football and I can't find my headphones. Send help

:nyan:i can't help but maybe nyan can :hugs:
Original post by Becca216
:nyan:i can't help but maybe nyan can :hugs:

aww thanks
bit late but hey i'm elsie!

hobbies/interests:
- i spend too much time online
What are you currently studying?
- music and french a levels, music technology btec
What grades do you hope to achieve?
- hopefully a B in music and french, D* in tech :smile:
If applicable, what universities/courses are you applying for?
- looking at BIMM, and University of Kent; music business and production
Thinking about a gap year?
- nope
What are your goals for the future?
- to get into the music industry and be happy doing something i love
How are you feeling about this year?

- slightly stressed but i think i'm gonna be okay
Reply 688
I have my admission form for AS exams now. I will be having all of the exams in San Po Kong, at the HKEAA office.
Got Biology AS exams next week, about time! I feel like my knowledge is disintegrating
Reply 690
Just had my maths mock
majority of it was ok but there were quite a few questions I couldn't do ugh so I made it up 😂

I have a feeling they gave us the aqa 2019 AS paper. but they removed the date so I dont actually know lol
Original post by m.s124
Just had my maths mock
majority of it was ok but there were quite a few questions I couldn't do ugh so I made it up 😂

I have a feeling they gave us the aqa 2019 AS paper. but they removed the date so I dont actually know lol

Grade predictions?
Reply 692
Original post by john87647
Grade predictions?

literally no idea
I am hoping for an A but more realistically a B
Hmmm, it looks like we aren’t doing A levels this year boys... they’ve already been cancelled in some areas I’ve heard

srsly. i have worked way too hard for these exams.

Spoiler

Original post by m.s124
literally no idea
I am hoping for an A but more realistically a B

Did you do past papers before hand ?
Making a UCAS account in a bit, haven't gotten to it yet.
Original post by notahufflepuff
Haha very similar to me!
Hobbies - as you said, i play some musical instruments (though I do go to a junior conservatoire 😂)
currently studying - maths further maths classics (edexcel for the maths, ocr for classics)
grades - hoping for A*A*A although Im having my UCAS predicted grade exams at this very moment, so i'll update if that changes at all 😂
courses/uni - Maths as well! :backstab:Im hoping for Oxford if these exams go to plan and my school can bring themselves to predict me A*A*A , but then Im also looking at Warwick, UCL, Lancaster.. and then maybe Glasgow to do maths with classics?
How am I feeling...? - Lowkey hope our exams get cancelled but also these exams go to plan, so that I can just sail away to Oxford :biggrin: I am insanely nervous though, seeing as I honestly didnt do much work during lockdown :unsure:
And no, no blog

Maths at oxford gang :five:
Got my first topic test coming up on Nuclear Physics yayyyyy, tbf the topic isn't hard so its chill
Reply 698
Did you do past papers before hand ?

yes many
Reply 699
Original post by .Dezer.
Got my first topic test coming up on Nuclear Physics yayyyyy, tbf the topic isn't hard so its chill

good luck with that!
Have you done your mocks?

Quick Reply

Latest