The Student Room Group

Will I be able to change courses?

Hi, I’m going to yr12 and I was wondering if I don’t enjoy my alevel course can I change it in the first few weeks?
Reply 1
This will depend on which sixth form you’re in. In my school, they allow roughly 2-3 weeks “adjustment” period where you can swap your a level choices if you find then to be not what you expected. Studies in the sixth form move really fast and so it’s best to do as much research into your a level choices as possible so that you’re not wasting time when you go into year 12 doing a subject you don’t like. Although, the best way to decide whether you like a subject is to actually do it in real life and then make your mind up and change quickly if you don’t like it.
At my school you can change up until October, however id definitely recommend deciding on your subjects earlier than that so that you don't end up wasting alot of time revising for a subject you dropped in the end
Generally, yes. If you're caught in between two particular subjects, as to take them both on a trial basis for the first few weeks so that you can actually try them out (the teacher, the content etc) before deciding which to continue and which to drop. I did it with Economics and Psychology when I started Year12 and it ended up a really easy decision for me - good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest